Exes

"Nooooo!!"
You screamed as you jumped up from you sleep.
"Thank, you God" was all you could say before Ari was by your side holding you.

"What happened"

"Just a dream"

"Don't tell me shit"

"Seriously it was just a dream."

"You never screamed for anything that's *just a dream* before"

And she was right you never did that before. Even if it was a dream about you dying. You had those dreams very often but you were never scared of them. Why the hell would you scream like that about Ari getting hurt when you didn't even scream when you, your dad, Barbe, your doctor dies in your dreams but as soon as you can't find Ari you start to scream and cry.

"Ari?"

"Hmm" she said as she wiped the running sweat from your face

I need to ask her was all you could think

"Would Rajay ever hurt you?"

"No. At least I don't think so why?

"Just forget it"

"Are you sure that you don't wanna talk about it"

"Positive"

But deep down you wanted to tell her everything, every detail of that stupid dream and every emotion you felt during it.

"I made you something to eat"

You didn't want to look at Ari anymore cause then you would start crying so you rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Damn it! Ariii..."

"What?"

"Cereal?"

"We don't have gas"

"Whatever... When is your mom coming back anyways."

"Tomorrow"

"Oh"

Tomorrow is Ari's birthday and you can't wait. But knowing Ari she's just gonna want to stay in. But you can't see how she would want to do that when she is popular. Maybe too popular. At school every one knows Ari and to be honest everyone knows you too but that's just because of Ari. Ari is in the choir, she's the cheerleading captain, she's the school's money maker and she lives it. She gets super nervous if there's something coming up cause she knows what she must to in order to be who she wants to be. It's summer and let's just say Ari is not the summer person. And you don't understand that either. I mean her body is a wonderland. perfect chest, perfect face, perfect skin, perfect but...

Why the f are you thinking of your best friend's butt. You must have gave off a signal cause Ari asked you if you're ok.

You stuffed your face with cereal and nodded. What is happening to you.

"Ari?"

"Yeah babe"

"Are you thoughing a party for you birthday?"

"Nope" she said making the p pop.

"But why?"

You already knew why though and it was all cause of you. Your so antisocial and weird you don't even like attending your own birthday celebrations.

Sighning Ari lifted her head from her phone, took your hands in hers.

OMG your stomach just turned, did some hand springs, jumped up and down and fell on it's intestines. What the hell you thought.

"Are you ok"

"Yea it's just I know it's because of me."

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"

"So what if it is" she asked as you made your way to the sink to wash your bowl.

"Why"

"Why what"

"Don't you have a birthday party?"

"Because my bestie doesn't like when too much people is around her and because I don't like when my baby is uncomfortable."

"But A I could stay upstairs"

"Hell no. It's just gonna be me and you for my birthday"

Hey. Don't argue with the boss you thought. So you just nodded.

You made your way to the couch and Ari followed.
Both you phones went off at the same time.

"Y/N it's Jennette"

"Yeah?"

"Yep"

"Ari it's Jay"

"Ok"

"What does she want"

"It says hey I'm sorry about the other day I wanna meet up again"

"Oh"

"Are you going?"

"Maybe"

"What did he say"

"Practically the same"

"Oh"

"Are you gonna..."

"Hell no!"

Wow you didn't even get to finish your question.

Are you she asked and you ready made up you mind.

"Yes. Yes I am"