Chapter 56

Ariana released new tour dates two hours ago. That wasn't a plan but she did it anyway. It's quite obvious why too. She's going through so much and needs a distraction. With Mac and Manchester her mental health was falling.

You climb in bed beside her and PG. The pig is on her lap and she's watching the News. A repeat since it's one in the afternoon. After the other day with her saying she wants the end things you've been distant. It's easier to let her get time to herself.

"Y/N I have a headache" she says. You turn and see her wincing I pain.

"I'll get you something for it" you climb off the bed but she grabs your hand.

"My brain is just not use to not be thinking of you all the time. Come cuddle me"

"I'll go get you some meds" you pull away and go get her a couple pills and a glass of water.

You really want to be in her arms but she's not ready. She needs more time. You climb the stairs, walk into the room and hand her the pills. She throws them in her mouth a gulp the water.

"You'll feel better soon" you take the cup from her and head back down the stairs. Instead of going back up to her you sit on the couch and pull out your phone. It's been a while since I've played Pet Rescue you think. You unlock your phone and get caught up in the game.

Time flies by and your phone battery was finally dying. You run into the room for your charger. Ariana and the dogs are asleep in the bed while the TV plays. You switch off the TV and was tempted to climb in bed with her. But you stopped. She needs time.

You don't know why you keep saying that but it's easier. How? You have no idea.

Her phone vibrates and you take it up.

Court🖕: yo Grande I coming over

Ari👎: it's Y/N she's asleep. But come on over

Court🖕: okay I'm on my way!!

You close her phone and pull the cover over them then go back down the stairs to wait for Courtney. You stop at the door and look back at her. She just needs time. That voice keeps coming back, and that's all it's saying. Time time time

In no time the door bell rings and Courtney comes in.

"I was coming to open it" you say.

"Well I had it" she replies. She passes you and head straight to the kitchen.

"The wine is on the top shelf second door" you sit back down in the couch after plugging your phone in.

Courtney walks back in with a glass with ice and a bottle. "Why are you not asleep too?"
She pops the bottle open and rill up her glass with wine.

"She's not feeling well. And she needs time to herself." that excuse seems to work. Court nods and pulls out her phone.

"Have you seen the new dates?"

"Yeah, it's crazy" you mumble.

"She's just trying distract herself. She'll be ok. She has us"

"She needs time" you mumble again.

"I have to go" she downs her glass and give it to you. "I owe you" she says then walk out.

"You just got here!" But yelling is no use. She's already gone.

Courtney has been busy a lot lately. She's definitely got something going on and it's working. She's glowing.

You hear foot steps coming down the stairs. "Baby? Who was that?"

She walks over to you and sit beside you then rest her head on your shoulder.

"Courtney. Ari you're burning up. You're sick, I'm taking you to the hospital" you start to get worried. She's too hot to just have a fever.

"No I'm fine. I just feel nauseous and my head hurts" she puts her feel in the couch.

You sigh and get up from the couch. She needs time.

"I'm gonna go for a run. Stay safe" you get your sneakers and leave.

You jog down the road and across the street. The cool evening air makes everything seem calm. You check your watch and it's 6:45pm. Ariana has been sleeping for a long time. She fell asleep sick and woke up worse. You stop and turn around. But that voice echoes She needs time.

You turn around again and continue jogging. You end up on a bench in a park. You sit next to a man with kids. Two boys, both too energetic for him. He sees you smiling at them.

"Got any of these rascals of your own?" He asks turning to you.

"No, but I do want" you respond smiling widely at the thought.

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"Actually it's a girl" you say. He doesn't seem fazed at all.

"Good luck kid. My daughter has a boyfriend and he's a..." He leans over and whispers "ass".

You laugh out loud at him. "So they're your grand kids?"

"Exactly. They're a hand full but I love them with my everything" he looks at the boys who are playing some game with there hands. "So why are you here, in the dark alone. It's a great night, you should be with your girlfriend"

"She's not okay, she needs time" you respond waving at the boys.

"I'm all ears. So what's wrong? I know it isn't time" he smiles warmly and wait for you to speak.

"Her e- friend died and the date that it happened just passed. She's close with him, and it's tearing her apart. She's pushing work and exhausting herself. She told me we should break up. I just want to give her time" you explain to the older man who listens carefully.

"Well I see that friend of hers holds a place in her heart. But dear you're pushing her away. She doesn't need time, she needs you. You're scared that if you spend time with her then she'll have the opportunity to leave you. But not spending time will make her leave. Not the other way" his eyes shine and he smiles warmly at you. "Go home where you belong"

You get up and hug him. You then tell the boys bye. "Thank you. I didn't get your name" you say.

"Malcom" he respond then get up and enter a car. Malcom

You run home breathlessly. You open the door and see she's not downstairs. "Ari!?!" You call.

"Upstairs!" You run to her room and jump on her on the bed.

"I miss you. Remind me to never leave for so long" you say breathing heavily.

She runs her hands through your hair and giggles. "Don't leave me alone again. I got worried"

"I'm not going anywhere princess. You're stuck with my gay gross ass"

Her lips crash against yours and you put her hands over her head and return the kiss with equal pressure.