Chapter 40

Your eyes open and close them adjusting to the light coming from the windows.

"Good morning baby"
Your stomach did a quick flip from her raspy voice. Honestly, it has so hot.

You prop yourself up on your elbows to look at her.
"Hey"

"How'd you sleep baby girl"

"Wonderful, I love you"

She smiles and kisses your forehead before giving you a tap on your ass signifying she wanted to get up. So you did.

Ariana got up and made her way to the bathroom. And you follow.
You both made your way downstairs and into the kitchen.
"What are you having Chef?"

She turns around and stares at you. Before mumbling but you caught on.
"I know what I'd want..."

"Maybe you'll get it"

You walk to the table retrieve an apple and bite into it.

"Y/N can we just not cook?"

"Why?"

"Because... I'm tired"

"Fine, I'll cook then"

"You can't cook to save your life Y/N not even if you try"

"I can too. But I won't take on your challenge I'll just cut myself some fruits. You're mean"

You grab a bowl and a knife, then did your thing. Creating two bowls of fruits. It's not a full course breakfast but it was something.

"Ari! I'm gonna head up to the bathroom!"

You didn't get a response from her, but you shrug it off and ran up the stairs to shower. The water was okay. Not hot, not cold to make you squirm.

You finish up and wrap yourself in a towel before walking to her room. You open her closet and it looked more like yours. You've been spending so much time here, maybe too much. Ariana came for you everyday after work, and everyday on your day off. Yeah, she was kinda clingy. But you like it. Work isn't a bother. When she's in the studio you're with her. And she comes by the hospital often. The children love her.

You pull clothes on. Some shorts and a t-shirt. Your hair was still a bit damp from the shower but you decided to let it dry naturally and left it. You grab your phone from the bed push your feet into some slippers and went back down the stairs.

You stop on the stairs. Checking if you left something. Nothing came to mind so you continue down.
You look up at the open door. Your phone falls from you hand bouncing on the ground. The sound of the phone was the only sound in the house. It bounces down the stairs before falling flat on the screen.

That was enough to pull them away from each other. Ariana turns around shocked. Her eyes meet yours and that's when the tears came. You rush back up the stairs and into her bedroom. You hear small steps approaching you.

"Y/N it's not what i-"

"Save it! Is this what you wanted!?"

"What are you talking about?"

Anger ran through you. Filling you up. Did she use me? She got what she wanted.
"You used me" Disbelief and disappointment coating your voice.

"No I didn't. Y/N he kissed me"

"Bullshit! What is Pete doing here?"

"I don't know okay, he just came by"

"You knew I was here! Did you think you could get away with it?"

"Y/N he kissed me!"

She took a step to you and reach out to touch you but you pull away.

"Y/N please. Let's talk about this"

"Get.Away.From.Me"

"I didn't do anything!"

"Fuck you. You used me! Here I was thinking you loved me! But you're too busy sucking face with your ex. I don't need this!"

You grab your keys from her nightstand. Thank God both the keys are at the same place. You grab your car and house key together.

"I didn't do anything! He came by!"

"And you let him in. You allow him to kiss you! To kiss you..."
You choke on tears. She was crying too. She kept on pleading with you.

"I'm done Ariana"

"You're honestly leaving me for this! I keep telling you I didn't know who it was"

"But you did when he kiss you. Heck, you allowed him to. You allow him to put his lips on yours!"

You step pass her making your way downstairs.

"Don't walk away from me!"

You kept on walking. Through the door. Being in the same room hurts. Just the look of her hurts. And passing through that door hurts even more.

Hand held onto yours when you reach the door.

"Don't leave me"
Your heart broke. Her touch broke you. Just the thought that her hands were on him. His hands on her.

"You should have thought of that before you-"

Her lips meet yours. But no. It didn't taste the way it's supposed to. You push her off you, gently. She hurts you, but you couldn't hurt her. Not physically. Neither did you want to emotionally but you had the leave.

"I'm leaving, maybe it's better this way"

"Y/N please!"

Her hands grab yours again. You finally look into her eyes and she looks broken. But this wasn't about her. This is about me you think. This is about her cheating on me. She didn't give her body to him, at least not fully.

"Stop touching me"

"Just let me explain! Listen for a second!"

"Goodbye"

You exit the house, and walk to your car.

The last words you caught were...
"I love you!!"

You voice cracks and it broke you.

You turn to look back at her.
She sinks to her knees with her hands covering her face. It did hurt to see her like that. But it hurts more to think of her with someone else.

You walk to your car, open it and climb in.You drive through her gates and far enough from her house before you pull over to the side of the road to let your anger out.

You hit the steering wheel repeated and bawl your eyes out.

Then you realize. There's no calling anyone. Your phone is still at her place.