Midnight Conversation

It's just you and Ari standing in a room. She was a complete mess and your checks were stained by tears. Alcohol radiates off her and she looked so sick almost as if she's about to pass out. Silence filled the room as you both stared into each other's eyes. Never blinking but still not saying anything.

You guess the silence stayed too long cause she spoke up...

"Y/N I'm sorry he did that"

With every word she took a step towards you.

"It's o.ok"

"No it's not. I shouldn't have let him in"

"Ari it's o..."

"So it's not! I knew what he wanted but I didn't care"

"Calm down. What did he want"

"S.se..."

She didn't have to even finish that for you to know and you took the final step and pulled her close. She started crying and you held her. You held her like it was the last time. After all it just might be...

"Y/N..."

"Hmmm"

"I meant what I said. I... I want this"

You knew exactly what she was talking about but the thing is she's drunk out if her mind and not to mention high af.

"How about you get some sleep and we talk in the morning?"

"Ok. But please stay with me"

She was litteraly begging you to stay. But you couldn't. Not until she was in the right frame of mind.

"Ari I can't... You need to get some rest and I. I need to be alone" the last sentence ended on a sad note.
She pulled her head from your chest causing your intertwined hands to pull apart from behind her.

"You've been crying"
And she tilted her head to the side as if reading you.

"It's ok. I'm fine now."

"I'm so sorry. I should've known this would hurt you. All of it"

You chuckled at her hands gesture they never made sense but now they did as she waved her hand around the house.

"I think you hurt Toulouse. He cried"

"I suck. I. I l... I love..."

You had to cut her off. Not now. Not when she could barely stand on her feet.

"Not now Ari. Get some rest and then we'll talk"

"Hmmm. Please carry me"

Ari was not back completely but she was getting there. Her asking you to carry her was a start. Just like old times. But what if old times never came back. What if what you have never come back.

All these thoughts flooded your mind and you had to push them back. If it's gonna be the last time you hold her. So let it be. But right now at this moment you knew you had to hold her. To know she was physically here. Physically yours.

"Okay, come here..."

She fell into your arms and wrapped her legs around you waist and her arms around your neck. She buried her head into you neck and you could feel her breath again you skin. Resulting in chills running down your back and though you body. Her breath faned against you regularly and Everytime it felt better. It made you feel so in control. Like just this sleeping beauty holding you and breathing against your neck was what your mission was and you passed it.

You sniffed her and her sweet smell was replaced with alcohol. And that wasn't a good thing. She didn't smell like her but it was her. She just needs you to get her back to herself.

You knew you were usually the one crying and the one to be comforted. But now it was her and a tear slipped from your eye.

You carried her to her room and saw the mess. Every time you opened that door that shit head Jerome came to your mind.

She was asleep and so you bought her to your room. You lay her on the bed and remove her shoes. Removing her clothes wouldn't be a good idea so you left her in them and got some pills and water for her hangover in the morning. This wasn't great but it was progress.

Now you knew she was safe. You knew she wasn't wasted and in some bush somewhere. And most importantly you knew she was yours at the moment and you need to make that moment last. So when you lay the pills down on the side table opposite to the bed you crawled in and soon she was cuddled up against your side.

Before falling asleep you whisper 'I'll always keep you safe moonlight. It's my job afterall'

And you knew she heard you cause she pulled you closer and signed.

Everything was alright now. Right?

*****
A/N
So yeah that's that. I actually like this.

So umm...
Comment?🤷

IDK but do something and have a great day😘