Avoidance

You know the feeling when you wake up at 12 in the night. The feeling that clouds your mind and makes you want to close your eyes. Or the feeling to get up and never go back to sleep cause you weren't tired at all. Neither of those came over you. What came to you was hatred for yourself. How you ruined the good things you had. 

You were currently in bed a sobbing mess. Breathin on a whole seems difficult.

You have no idea if Ari is home and you needed to check. Right now it's not so you can tell her what you've been meaning to but just to check if she's fine. You made your way out of bed not before pulling her sweater over your body. Wearing it made you feel safe and warm.

You decided to check her room first. Pushing open the door only to find it empty. No one was in it.
You then made your way to her bathroom. It was also empty.

Exiting the room you went to her mother's. It was empty too and so was the bathroom.

Guilt that it might be all your fault why she didn't come home flooded you as you made your way down the stairs. And there she was sleeping on the couch. She looked so peaceful, so at ease. With Toulouse next to her, the house was a mess and you went to do that. But soon realized it was 12.

Ari can't spend the whole night on the couch. As you were about to wake her someone soon appeared beside you causeing you  to jump in fright.

"Hey, calm down man I was just wondering who was here"

It was that guy from the other day. He was ok in looks terms. He had dark hair and blue eyes. He was really pale though.

"She can't sleep there" you said.

"Why not?"

"Because she gonna be cramped in the morning and it's really uncomfortable sleeping in a couch especially with Toulouse.

"Listen kid. My girl sleeps where she wants to. So leave"

"She's my best friend. I know what's best for her"

And you move to wake her but not before he pulled you back.

"Dude what's you problem?!"

"Move!"

You just stared at him with your eyebrow raised. Whatever his problem is he need to back off. Anger filled you slowly. But you decided to go try wake Ari again. And he better not stop you.

You step towards her and he has the audacity to step in front of you.

"Move it dude! She can't sleep there!"

"Get out! We don't need you here!"

"Get out?! You have no idea who you're talking to. You're the one who should leave."

"Bitch. I know who I'm fucking talking to! Now get the fuck out so I can fuck her"

How stupid can this idiot get. Saying he'll fuck Ari was a big mistake and you stepped towards him with a newly found confidence.

You didn't even realize you woke Ari untill you herd her yell at you to stop.

You turn toward her and she looks like crap. Her hair was tangled and she had bags under her eyes. She was covered in alcohol. And you could tell she had smoked something by the color of her eyes. Her smoking wasn't the problem but what it was that she smoked.

"Jerome please just leave"

Oh so that's his name. Jerome. Well he does look like a Jerome. Stupid.

"Hell no bitch! I came for something and I ain't leaving untill I tap that"

Well he's definitely stupid. And you decided to teach him a lesson for calling her that.

You slap him cross the face with all the power you have.

"Serve. You. Right." You spat though gritted teeth. "Don't you ever! Call her that again"

He was holding his cheek and soon released a forced chuckle.
"Oh Ari. Is his your little love interest. The one who have never even told you she was in love"

Now it was Ari's time to defend you.

"Leave her alone. She didn't do shit."

"Have her. I hope you two lesbians rot in hell!"

And he storms out.

So now it was just you and Ari in the room. And it was time...