Chapter 51

You wake up in a car. A moving car. You shuffle a bit and sit up rubbing your eyes. Look over and see your dad driving.

"Dad?"

His eyes drift to you and back to the road. "Hi honey".

He yawns and hold the break stopping at a stop light. The light literally just switched to red. You then yawn too.

"What time is it?"

"It's currently..." He pulls out your phone. "7:53"

"What were we doing so long?" You stare out the window. The rain hitting against the glass. Outside was dark too.

"I was reading. You were sleeping" He then hits the gas and the car starts moving again.

"Oh" you yawn again and rest your head against the window.

The car becomes silent. The track is terrible literally bumper to bumper.

"Dad? Where's my phone?"

He takes up the phone still focusing on the road and hands it to you.

"Thanks Dad"

He didn't reply. You shrug it off and open your phone. No messages. Except from updates from the apps. You yawn again and start playing Pet Rescue.

You look up and see your dad turning off. You immediately sit up and look at him.

"Where are you going" you demand. It's weird that he's just stopping.

"Y/N we're going to pick up your mom" he states. You can tell he's annoyed.

"Barbe" you mumble.

"Just be nice. She's trying"

You huff like a kid and focus back on your game. Soon the door opens and she's standing next to you.

"Go around the back" Your dad says to her. You just look at her.

She closes the door. Your dad quickly glares at you. The back door opens and she climbs in. Your battery dies right after.

"Well the weather is terrible" she says. Her voice soft. Your dad hums in response and pull out back onto the road.

The car goes silent.

Well great. My phone just had to die now. You think.

"Oh I have to stop" he says.

"What? Why?" The many stops annoying you.

"Y/N it's only been one stop" your dad's tone laced with annoyance.

You accept that maybe you're being too hard. But it's getting late. And you need to get your phone charged in case Ari calls. The rain calms down a little.

"Do you have a charger dad?" You ask innocently. He shakes his head no. "Barbe?" You ask turning around to look back at her. She shakes her head no too.

You sigh and lay your head back against the window. You dad pulls into a garage. A tire changing shop. You look outside at the men. They ate all dressed up in their uniforms. Except two. They were casually dressed. Your dad steps out of the car and talks to one of the dressed man. He nods and soon they're working on the tires. You watch your dad pull out his phone. He just received a call.

"So Y/N?" Barbe says from the back seat. She shuffle over to where she can look at you.

You yawn again. For like the hundredth time. "Yea?" You turn and look at her.

Her Y/H/C (your hair color) hair sits on her shoulders. Makeup was on too. She was in a business suit.

"How are you? And your girlfriend?"

"She's on tour and I'm okay. The last time we talked she was okay"

"And when was that?" Her curiosity getting the best of her. You decide to be nice and talk to her.

"Today. Before Dad came to the hospital".

Before you know it you're in deep conversation about life with her. She has a son. You just found out. He lives with his dad.

"I missed you" she states. Looking a you.

Your dad enters the car. You smile happy that he comes in the right time.

"Well let's get you home" he pulls out of the garage. It took some time getting back on the road because of the the traffic. The rain has died down.

"How are my girls?"

"I'm okay dad. I just wanna go home". You sink in your seat and lay back.

"And I'm happy" Barbe says. Your dad pulls out his phone again.

"Hello"
"No"
"I don't know"
"Okay"
"10 minutes?"
"I'll try"
"Okay bye"

He ends the call. "I'm glad you two are finally getting along. I want you too to be close".

You really want to ask who was on the phone. Your dad and Barbe talks, you stare out the window.

"Does anyone have the time?"

You hear her shuffling around the back. "5 minutes to 9"

You release a loud groan. "It's 8:55! Dad, please take me home"

"Y/N I'm doing that okay? I'm really trying to get you home really soon".

You sigh and apologize for being rude. Boredom hits so you play with the seat belt. Leaving the two parents to conversate with each other.

You car pulls up to your house. Around 9:46 or something like that. You just thank your dad for the ride and climb out. You fish out your eyes and pull the door. You put your phone on charge and remove your shoes.

You climb the stairs with your shoes in your hand. You pull your bed room door and look up.

"What the fuck!"