S E V E N

"Finally finished," Iris sighed with joy as he leaned back in his chair and stretched his limbs. He let his pen drop on the desk while he stood up to get rid of the tired feeling his legs cramped with. Almost immediately after standing, his bones turned to jello and he tripped forward with a muffled gasp.

"-And you will be joining the meeting with your father after....Iris?" Kai, who had returned from getting their schedule from his room, looked around the prince's when Iris's chair was empty. 

"Down here."

The vampire followed the strained mutter until he was staring at Iris's defeated form on the floor.

"What happened?"

"My legs fell asleep. What? Think I'd just willingly fall?"

"Clumsily yes, willingly no. Are you bleeding?"

"No."

"Injured?"

"Just my pride."

"Then get up, I'll have to tell you your schedule all over again."

Iris glared at Kai as he walked away on his high horse. "Gee, you're so helpful."

Kai sighed softly, "It's my job to protect you from harm, not your stupidity."

Iris slammed his hand on his desk and pulled himself up. "Oh, go to hell."

"Present. So, ready to listen?"

"I heard you the first time."

"Great, now ready to listen?"

"Fine," Iris sighed with defeat, "Yes tell me." He watched a devious smirk form on Kai's lips as he walked up to his desk.

"Actually you can read it. It's not like you've been straining those hazel eyes of yours all day, right? I'll be in the hall."

Iris was speechless in Kai's sight and until he left he sputtered with his words. When the door shut he gripped his schedule in his hand tight enough to crumble it.

"Kai, you ass!" he seethed through gritted teeth.

They had thirty minutes to eat breakfast before Iris had to go out and pick up another town's requests. His father wanted him to get out for once. Iris didn't complain.

"Hello, love bird-" Sage's enthusiasm was suddenly paused when she watched the prince and his guard try tripping each other while going down the stairs. Iris threw his scrunched up schedule at Kai's face and as soon as he covered his eye it hit, the scandalous teen ran down the stairs.

"Bad time?" Sage asked, holding in her laugh.

"No, perfect time! Block him! Thanks." Iris gave Sage a wide smile but didn't stop running as Kai began to.

Mind scrambled in confusion, Sage did what he said anyway and jumped in front of Kai before he stepped off the stairs.

"Hi."

"Move."

"For a kiss."

Kai stopped his glaring as his face turned in surprise. He stared down at Sage for a whooping three seconds before grabbing her hand and bringing it to his lips. He bolted past her before she could compliment him. She didn't favor male kisses, but Kai was always an exception.

"You can't outrun a vampire, Kai taunted Iris as he eventually caught up to him after turning down several hallways. The kitchen and their room were on opposite ends of the mansion, so it was quite the venture.