Fun Facts

These are just little facts regarding the story as a whole or certain parts. I also clarify a few things that might have been confusing or not fully grasped, as well as answer your questions! :)

Plots:

I had soooooo many different ideas for this book, every plot was complete different and I'm pretty sure I ended up choosing the most boring one (but I really liked it....so).

I had a few alternative endings, one included Iris being wounded in the final battle to the point where he basically dies, but the small percentage of vampire blood in him (which came as a surprise because Arlo didn't think he had any) ended up saving him.

Another included Iris fully stepping down from being a royal so he and Kai could live together while traveling around. Sage, Lilly(Lily), and Zoe would've maybe been with them. I liked this ending but I felt bad for Arlo because they were basically going to leave him, so it was scrapped.

I liked all the ideas I had but I could never fully write a complete story around them. I managed to do so with the plot I choose.

Interesting (random) facts:

- I originally planned for Annesa and Kai to be siblings instead of Annesa and Zoe.

- Amilea was supposed to be the good parent.

- I almost made Iris basically adopt the Vamp he saved from that old dude in the beginning of the book, build a strong relationship with her, get separated, and make her death hit him harder than it originally did. But I was like nahh he's only 18!

- Iris was supposed to have some sort of physical gift, like super strength or fast healing, but I wanted to switch it up and give him something uncommon but useful.

- Iris was supposed to be brutally betrayed at some point in his life, which fucked up his judgment and gave him trust issues (which is where his current gift would've came in handy).

- Branching off a different plot I had, I was going to have a sequel which introduced werewolves, and there was supposed to be an intense love triangle. The title would've been Wolf Knights.

- In human years, Sage is 28. Lilly is around 25.

- Iris's favorite food is chocolate or anything that has chocolate in it. (He'd straight-up bitch-slap you if you told him chocolate isn't a food).

- The worst typo I ever made was spelling Iris's name as idk. Like wha-HOW?

- Sunday is actually my friend's OC. She wanted me to add one of her characters in this book and we decided on him.

- There are approximately 20 scenes I left out regarding interaction between Iris and Kai.

- I wrote a tiny 🤏 bit of smut but decided to leave it out last second.

- Arlo was supposed to have a bodyguard of his own that later was going to betray the family (I imagine he took the Vamps' side).

Clarifications:

- Kai didn't have anything do to with Annesa's attack. She attacked on her own but "favored" Kai because of her personal grudge. She was simply sweet talking him during their nightly conversations.

- Arlo didn't know Zoe was a Vamp. He arranged the marriage because Zoe did the same thing to him that she did to the king of the kingdom she captured, basically threatened him. He knew there would be an attack in Vridora but he didn't know what kind. Eventually he put two-and-two together and figured everything out but allowed Iris to take control. So, basically he knew everything before the attack, but there wasn't much he could do, so let Iris do his thing.