S E V E N T E E N

"Just take a seat."

Iris fidgeted with a button on his shirt while he followed Sage into her room and sat down on a chair by a round table, Sage brought another and sat opposite of him.

Lilly was in the room and she was bewildered by the prince's unusual behavior.

"I believe I understand exactly what's going on. And let me say," She reached out and cupped Iris's hands in hers. "You came to the right place, my prince."

Iris nodded slowly but he had no idea what he was doing.

"So!" Sage exclaimed, letting go of Iris and leaning forward in her chair. She linked her fingers and rested them over the table. She stared at him like she was ready to have therapy session. "If I'm correct, you have already went through the stage I like to call confused sexuality?"

Iris stared at her until she raised her eyebrows. "O-oh-um.." He felt nervous with a bystander in the room but pretending Lilly wasn't there helped in the tiniest way. "Maybe."

"So yes. Okay-" Iris gave her a flat look but she continued, "-I want to help you, Iris, but I can't understand why you waited so long to do this."

"Okay," Iris took a deep breath and kept his eyes closed to think. He nodded his head and sat up straight. "Okay, I have some questions first."

"Alright. Shoot."

"How did you know I was-you know?"

"Gay?" Iris nodded and Sage smiled. "Kai and I came here together. He was stationed with the first class guards and I was a maid. I kept an eye on him, but it seemed I wasn't the only one."

Iris looked away with his red dusting his cheeks, knowing exactly where this was going.

"We've been here for five years. You weren't allowed to get involved with us until you were sixteen, in which you started taking interest on a certain vampire when you got to watch us train."

Iris was sinking in his chair inch by inch as he talked. He could pass out by the amount of heat building up in his face.

"So..three years later you were sixteen and since our aging is very different from yours..I think Kai was eighteen."

"Two years older, mhm." Iris tried to speed up her story.

"Okay okay, long story short, you've always liked Kai haven't you?"

Iris sighed. "..Yes.."

"I knew it! I mean, this is good, we're getting somewhere."

"No, you're just trying to embarrass me to death."

"That too, but now here comes the truth. You guys are stuck in this pointless loop of fear and bottled up emotions. You like Kai, but you have always pushed aside your feelings because you thought he wouldn't return them because it was against orders. And we all know Kai is strict on following directions. Tell me I'm wrong."

Iris sighed again, "You're right. B-but I don't even know why I'm here. I didn't know you were like me and just because he..supports it or whatever doesn't change anything."

Sage hid her smile with her hands as she pretended to look up in thought. "Well, all I'll tell you is your feelings can most definitely be returned. I know Kai, and I know what triggers him-in a good way."

Iris gazed at Sage like she was an angel. "You'll really help me?"

"Of course! Prince, you make him happy, which means I'll always be in your favor."