PIMPING 2: 19

Destiny Smith

My mom dropped me off at my fathers house and luckily he wasn't home from work yet. So that gives me some time to prepare for his speech.

I was laying on the couch watching TV, when my phone started ringing. It was Stacy.

"What Stacy." I said rolling my eyes.

"Where you at and what the fuck is your problem, your pregnant with my fucking kid and acting like you lost your fucking mind." He yelled through the phone.

"Nigga lower your voice, the baby is fine the bitch didn't touch me, Jess made sure of it. And I'm some where minding my business."

"Des you can't be doing shit like that pregnant it's all over Facebook."

"I'm barely even showing, nobody really knows I'm pregnant and all I did was slap the hoe that's it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Where you at for real?" He said.

I heard a car pull up in the driveway and I knew it was my dad.

"I'll tell you later, I gotta go." I said hanging up.

It wasn't long before my dad came in.

"Destiny can you please cut the TV off so we can talk." He said sitting next to me off the couch.

I turned the TV off and looked at him. It's been a long time since we actually had a conversation face to face. Every since him and my mom got a divorce two years ago and he took Lil Dave while I stayed with mom, we haven't really seen each other.

"Destiny you know your still my baby girl even though we don't see each other much right." He said and I shrugged.

"Every time you start off your sentences like that you tell me something bad. Like when you and mom got a divorce."

"Well the news I'm about to tell you is even worse than a divorce." He said looking down.

"Dad what is it." I said grabbing his hand.

"Des, I was diagnose with liver cancer."  He told me.

"What." I said feeling my eyes water. "Does mom and Lil Dave know."

"Yes."

"Am I the last to find out." I said as tears ran down my face.

"Yes, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner I was going to then you told us about the baby and I knew you had enough on your plate." He said hugging me.

"Can they cure it, give you surgery or something and make it go away."

"Right now I'm on chemo. They want to see if it works." He said as Lil Dave walked in.

"What's going on in here." He asked closing the door.

"Dad just to me about his cancer." I said wiping my eyes.

"Oh. I got to go get ready for this basketball game." He said walking upstairs.

"He still hasn't got use to the news yet, but he better get use to it because I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon." He said getting up walking away.

^

^

^

For those of you who don't remember, Dave and Destiny's dad is Kamron who is Kane's older brother.