PIMPING 2: 38

Jessica Patterson

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door opened and I was greeted by Destiny smiling down at sleeping Sage.

"Oh Jess I missed you so much, I hate we didn't get to talk much at the hospital—what happened?" Destiny questioned carefully giving me a hug.

Her and Sage are finally home from the hospital.

"I'm sure Stacy told you by now that Tyrone and I broke up." I said sitting on her bed.

"Good you don't need no nigga like him no way." She placed Sage into her crib then sat across from me on her bed.

"So do you know if him and Stacy have been hanging out?" I asked playing with my fingers.

"Jess please don't tell me you want him back." She said in disbelief. "Jess, Tyrone is a sick in the head right along M—" She put her hand over her mouth.

My heart sunk. "Y-you know what happened?" My voice cracked.

Destiny sighed before getting up and sitting next to me.

"Yeah, Jess." She paused rubbing her hands through her red box braids. "On the day of my baby shower, I-I heard Tyrone talking to Stacy about the party. Only Stacy knows that I know. That's why I told you talk to Tyrone."

I couldn't help but burst out tears as she hugged me.

"I can't believe he would do something like that to me, he told me he loved me. Y-yet he let his friend rape me then blamed it on me."

"Does Ke know?"

"No and I don't want her too, she'll just make it bigger than what it is."

"Jess what are you talking about how bigger can it get—Michael raped you."

"I just want to forget about it I hate I even remembered what happened."

Sage began to cry.

"I think I should go." I said getting up from the bed and watching her pick up Sage.

"Wait—no Jess, you just got here."

"I got to get to work I just wanted to stop by." I said look at my watch.

She sighed. "If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm just a phone call away Jess."

I nodded before grabbing my jacket and leaving out.

*******
I walked into the diner and saw Lisa standing behind the counter wiping off cups.

"Hey Jessica, it's going to be me and you tonight with Buster." She said smiling at me.

I walked behind the counter, where Jayla—we always work Wednesday's together?"

I couldn't believe I even asked her that, I don't even care for Jayla.

"She asked for today off, I think she said something about going out on a date or something." Lisa said as she continued to clean the glasses.

I nodded and went to sat my things in the back then I walked back up front, when Kane walk in.

"Hey Kane, you been coming around a lot lately—you usually only come every couple of weeks." Lisa said.

"What's up Lucky." Kane walked up to the counter. "Yo girl Juicy over there been taking good of care of me so I just stop by to check on her and make sure she straight." He pointed at me.

Lisa folded her arms. "Mhm, Kane you better not try nothing on Jessica—she's a good girl."

Kane blew a raspberry. "I'm not, I know she a good girl and I just wanna look out for her."

Lisa gave Kane a stern look before continuing to clean the glasses. "Okay Kane, I believe you."

"I'll never lie to you Lisa." He said before walking away to sit at his regular booth.

"I'll take care of him."  I told Lisa pouring some orange juice into a glass for Kane.

"Thank you Jessica, I have to look over some papers so if you need me I'll be in the office."

I nodded as Lisa finished cleaning the last glass then washed her hands, dried them then went to the back.  I grabbed a set of silverware and the glass of orange juice then took it over to Kane while buster made his food.

"Why you eat the same thing everyday you come in here, you don't even switch up your drink." I placed his drink and silverware on the table then took a sit across from him.

"Orange juice has vitamin C in it and it's good for your immune system. Eggs and bacon have protein in them and the pancakes here just reminds me of how my brother makes his. My body is my temple I can't have a bunch of different bullshit in it."

I smiled.

"You good, don't seem all the way here?" He asked looking at me.

"Y-yes, I'm just going through a lot at home."

"You know if you need money Juicy, I can help."

"It's not money it's more personal." I shifted in my seat.

I could tell that he knew something wasn't right but I wasn't going to tell him what happened between me and Tyrone.

"Personal? Like what, I'm telling you Juicy I can help with whatever."

Buster hit the bell and I got up to get his food. I took it to Kane and placed it in front of him. I was about to walked away when he stopped me.

"If somebody hurt you Juicy, you can tell someone." He said.

"I know, I'm fine." I walked away.

**********
Tyrone Henderson

"Awn Ty I knew you cared about me." Jayla squealed as looking at all the gifts on then bed.

"Told you I was gone make it up to you." I bit my lip leaning against the door frame as I watched her look at everything.

I brought her a couple different designer outfits and purses from Coach, Chanel, and Gucci. Since I've been working with Max I've been making good money.

"How can you afford all this?"

"Don't worry girl just know a nigga never been broke he just got more money." I sat on the bed next to her gifts.

"The girls at school gone be so jealous especially Jessica." She snickered. "I just know it."

I raised my eyebrow. "Yo, keep her name out yo mouth."

Jayla put her hand on her hip. "What you still like her?"

I chuckled as I rubbed my waves before getting up and walking towards her. "I said keep her name out yo mouth, if I hear you say it again it's not gone be pretty." I left out the room.