27. Choose to prove

Jennie's POV

A big question mark left in my mind until now.

I saw her unexpectedly, I am not ready. Wait..... I don't think it's necessary for me to be ready or not. I should not give any damn.

But.... Lisa came. The last time I heard about her is she's already living her own life in Busan. She stopped being a photographer and I don't know what's her real reason. That's her dream, why she gave up?

Uh, I don't need to care anymore!

I can't focus on my work. I am in the middle of preparing the yearly reports on company's sales and income.

I heard the door opened and as expected, it was Chaeyoung. She bowed and walked toward my direction.

"What is it, Ma'am."

"Cut the Ma'am. You're my friend too." I smiled. "Sit down, Chaeng. What do you want? Coffee, tea or juice?"

She shook her head. "No thanks, Jennie. I want to know why you called me? Is there something wrong?"

I stood up and walked. "Jisoo mentioned that you didn't tell her anything about your meet up with Lisa that night. Is that the reason why you're so anxious that time?"

She nodded. "That's true." She bit her lower lip while looking down.

"You knew what happened between me and Lisa. And you know what I want."

"An explanation? Jennie, you can ask her yourself." She said.

I thought if it but no. "I don't want to talk to her. Not anymore."

"Then you will never know her reason. To be honest with you, yeah, our communication never cut. But we didn't discuss or talk about you two. I don't want her to feel stress again that may lead into depression again."

Again?

"What do you mean Chaeng?" I asked. I sat on the couch.

"Lisa had experienced the worst depression in her life since she left you for the second time. She even tried to commit a suicide but luckily, we stopped her and get the treatment she needs." Chaeng explained.

I felt surprised on what she said because all I knew this time is that she's happy since she moved out. That's what the paid person I hired said.

"It added complications on the given sickness of Lisa." She added.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I said it's for you to find out. Lisa is just around Jen. I have no more reason to explain." She smiled awkwardly and left the room.

The hell?!

My mind is going to burst anytime because of what she said. It's getting more complicated when I think about it. I want to ask her endless questions but I can't.