38. It began

Jennie's POV

My life with Lisa is stable for now. We've been living together for almost a half year and everything is so far so good. She's friends with Kai, she appreciates little things that makes her more happy. I stopped working from the company a month ago now, I really want to focus on her because the symptoms are getting worse.

She barely remember what happened few months ago, she even totally forgot our trip in Paris. I heard that she encountered Irene but didn't bother to tell me maybe because she doesn't really remember. I feel pity for her most of the times.

Every night, she's getting a headache and the pain will just stop if she drinks her medicines. Then she will fall asleep because that's the side effect.

While every morning, she will wake up then stares on me for a minute, remembering who am I, then a smile will automatically escape from her lips.

Yes, it's getting harder everyday but my love for her is getting deeper. I don't know how much love I could give her, it's endless and it's really fine as long as she's with me.

I'm preparing the breakfast when someone knocked. I quickly ran and opened the door and it's Lisa's mom.

She hugged me tight. "Hello, Jennie."

"Hello Mom. Come in." Lisa told me to call her mom too.

We entered the dining area then she sat down. "Where's Pranpriya?"

"She's still sleeping. She'll wake up soon." I smiled then prepared everything on the table.

"Thank you for taking care of Lisa." She said then held my hand.

"Mom, I told you that don't thank me. Lisa is also my responsibility since we met. I will take care of her until the end, okay?"

She usually comes here because she wants to check Lisa personally. Lisa is always happy when she sees her parents. My relationship with her parents are now stronger that before.

"Did her head hurt again?"

I nodded. "Yes. It's getting often but she's taking her meds so don't worry." I smiled then tapped her shoulder. "I should prepare your coffee. Wait for me."

I went to the kitchen to prepare our drinks when I heard Lisa called er Mom's name. She probably saw her mom and hugging her now.

I entered the dining room with a smile then I saw them hugging each other. "Good morning, baby." I walked closer to her but she stepped back.

A long silence and no one really dares to talk. Lisa was pointing at me while trying to remember who I am. Her brows furrowed, looks so confused.

I am also blank. Lisa should remember me by now. She's staring at me for 5 minutes now.

"W-Who are you? Is she our visitor Mom?" She averted her eyes to her mom.

"Lisa. Don't you remember? She's your girlfriend. She's Jennie." Her mom stood up then held Lisa's hand.

"What the hell are you saying Mom? I don't even know her then you will say that she's my girl?" She laughed. "You got to be kidding me Mom."

No Lisa. You're the one who is kidding us right? Right?

"M-mom... I mean Mrs. Manoban. Do-Don't joke around." I tried to laugh but the heck! It's obviously fake!