29. Temporarily Mine

Jennie's POV

"Here's your coffee, drink if before it gets cold." Lisa's Mom said then served me the coffee.

"I will Mrs. Manoban." I took a sip of my coffee and gave her a thumbs up.

"Is it good?"

"It is. Feels like I am in the most luxurious cafe in the whole world." I complimented.

She shook her head. "Do not say that again okay? My head will get bigger."

We laughed. "By the way Jennie, thank you for coming here."

I smiled. "No problem with that, Ma'am. I just wanted to know what really happened to Lisa." I looked at my coffee.

My eyes are swollen because I didn't stop for almost 2 hours of crying. I just can't believe what I heard.

"It's good that Lisa remembered you because nowadays she barely remembers her old friends or other relatives. We just explaining over and over for her not to forget." She said and sat down on the chair in front of me.

"I heard from Chaeyoung that Lisa experienced depression when I left her. I am sorry for that. I made your daughter feel the pain that made lead to serious situation." I smiled bitterly. "If I knew her real reason, I won't leave her side and we will live happily."

I was talking when someone from my back kissed my cheek. "Don't say that. We can live freely and happily if that's what you really want." She sat beside me and ate a cookie.

"Lisa."

"I leave you two now." Lisa's Mom excused herself from the kitchen.

"How have you been all these years? I am sorry I forgot you for almost a year. I can't help it." Lisa explained. I cupped her cheeks.

"Lisa, I really think of you everyday but I'll be honest with you, my love for you never leave my heart." I paused for a while.

"But there's a time cane that I did gave up. I thought everything about us will never work the way it used to be. I'm very sorry." I looked down but I felt her hugged me.

"Don't worry. Everything is okay now. Jennie, I want to live my life with you. I want to spend my last memory with you." She kissed my lips and held my hand but she suddenly stopped.

She raised my left hand and stared on my ring. I just watched her expression but it's blank.

"Lisa..."

"Are you already engaged with someone?" She asked without looking at me, just in my ring.

"Lisa..."

"Just answer." She said calmly.

I was freaking nervous and don't know what to do with this kind of situation. "Y-Yes, Lisa. I-I am."

She smiled bitterly and put down gently my hand. She sighed deeply and tried to hold her tears as much as she can.

"You really are. So I am too late. At least someone will marry you with bravery and all his heart. Unlike me, who can't accept your proposal." Her tears began to fall.