[ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ]

warning: implied but not detailed death of a minor.

1000 A.D

D

She felt soft and warm, supple skin relaxed under his less than gentlemanly touch.

The vortex of anger that swirled around him had drowned out any thoughts of chivalry, his rage running red through his veins.

Letting out a raspy moan, Tatia's fingers ran down his chest, his lips firmly and relentlessly attached to her neck.

At that very moment, Niklaus didn't think of the sobbing mess he had left his wife in, he didn't think of the unborn child that sat comfortably in her womb, all he could think of was Kol and Astrid together. The betrayal they had cast upon him.

They could have each other, he couldn't care less anymore. Perhaps his beautiful wife didn't want him, but Tatia did, something she eagerly expressed by scraping her nails down the taunt skin of his bare chest.

She wanted him, yearned for him, not Kol his immature brother, but him.

Perhaps Tatia may have desired Elijah as well, but Niklaus didn't dwell on the matter, as it was his name leaving her shapely lips as they hid in the shadows towards the back of the dreary tavern.

His firm hands continued their assault of caressing her body, ignoring the comments that came to mind, comparing her physical physique to his wife's.

Her hips were smaller, his fingers didn't naturally curve around her hipbone comfortably like they did with Astrid's.

Tatia's waist seemed wider, and though her breasts felt larger through her gown, they were nowhere near as perfect as his wife's, Astrid's were firmer and the perfect handful.

Pushing the thoughts of Astrid to the back of his mind, Niklaus let out an animalistic growl, his fingers winding in Tatia's curls, tugging painfully at her roots, making her gasp as he ferociously met her lips with his.

...

All Astrid could focus on was the sudden pain that ran her senses into a desperate overdrive, her fingers tightly clutching the bloodied gown as she tried to think of anything but the endless dreadful scenarios that ran through her mind.

With each burst of pain, Astrid struggled to hold in her cries. Would this be it? Was she to loose her babe just like the two babes her mother had lost after Astrid?

She wasn't sure how long Rebekah had been gone, but it had truly felt like hours to Astrid as she struggled to stand, trying to make her way towards the bed of unmade furs.

Fingers clutching the wooden shelf above her, Astrid managed to pull herself into a standing position, her feet sticky with fresh blood.

A yelp of pain left her lips as her hands flew to her stomach, tears now endlessly streaming down her cheeks as she took a step towards the bed.