27 ~ Chupa-Chups

"Please Elle! Please Lily! Pretty please? Pretty please with peppermint toads on top?"

"How many times do we have to tell you Marlene, we're not sacrificing our reputations to 'look good' for some boys" replied the redhead, as Elouise nodded aggressively to show her agreement. Marlene sighed deeply and her shoulders slumped.

"Why can't you just lighten up?" She whined "let your hair down, roll up your skirts, put on some lip gloss! It's not permanent, we just want to make the all of the lads jealous"

"No! Absolutely not!" Lily yelled "I don't want Potter ogling at me even more and I absolutely don't want to be seen as a slag!" She looked at Eloise for support. "Elle? Elle. No. Eloise Potter, do not tell me you're thinking about going through with this!"

"Not that I want to seem easy, but it does sound like fun" she grinned and high-fived Marlene, who started doing some sort of victory dance.

"Please Lils, just for one day? It will be a laugh!" Eloise implored, as Marlene dropped to her knees with her hands together, begging Lily with her big puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh! Fine! But I'm only doing this for you guys"

"Yes!" Marlene and Eloise screamed together.

Marlene dropped the needle onto the record and started it spinning. The upbeat tune of 'Here Comes The Sun' by the Beatles filled the dorm. Eloise screamed at her favourite muggle band as did Marlene. Even Lily cracked a smile, despite her disapproval of what they were doing.

"Here comes the sun! DO DO DO DO" the girls screamed to each other, using hairbrushes as microphones, jumping on their beds and emptying the contents of their makeup bags ready to look;

"Super sexy and hawt!!" Marlene yelled over the record in a very poor attempt at an American accent. "All the boys will be drooling over you two"

"And you!" Eloise reminded her, with a grin. Various shades of lipstick came out, as did smokey eyeshadow pallets, thick eyeliner and extra volume mascara. Eloise decided on cat-eye eyeliner, lengthened her lashes and turned her hair pink and wavy, not a hair out of place (being a metamorphmagus sure came in handy) she also coated her lips in a glittery red colour. Lily pulled out a bag of muggle lollipops that made Eloise laugh,

"Who calls sweets 'Chupa-Chups'?" She howled, but had one anyway.