83 ~ The Decoy

Chapter in a bulk: 3/4

October 31st was among Hogwarts once more and the usual live bats and enlarged jack o'lanterns decorated the buzzing Great Hall

October 31st was among Hogwarts once more and the usual live bats and enlarged jack o'lanterns decorated the buzzing Great Hall. Students were eagerly awaiting the beginning of the large feast: some excited for the treacle tart; others for the large chocolate cake; and five in particular were excited for what was about to unfold, these five being none other than the infamous Marauders. The group of friends had enlisted the help of a certain poltergeist for what they had planned for the students seated in the Great Hall and each of them were grinning excitedly as the first step to their plan was in full sway. Earlier that day, Eloise had approached Peeves, asking for his aid in a prank. The troublemaker had agreed, of course and called it an honour to be executing a prank with none other than 'Miss Malfoy'- although Eloise has corrected him and he had taken to calling her 'Precious Potter'.

Peeves' job was to distract Professor Dumbledore, though this was to be easier said than done because, as Remus pointed out,

"That man knows everything everyone is going to do before they do it."
The fact that the Headmaster was a complete genius would provide the Marauders with some drawbacks in their plan but they all knew that Peeves had his ways. The group smiled once they had been informed that Peeves has succeeded through the form of a signal, a signal that Sirius claimed to be subtle but most of the students and teachers looked up in shock when Peeves floated in squawking like a bird and winking at Sirius.

Peeves had certainly been successful as the Headmaster was yet to arrive and announce that the feast was to begin and to say that people were getting restless was an understatement. 

"That's my cue." Eloise whispered and stood up, tiptoeing out of the hall to begin her phase of the plan that was so appropriately named: 'The Decoy'.

The boys all grinned at one another as the doors opened minutes later. Although, when Eloise strode in, it wasn't Eloise at all. Her brunette locks had been replaced with waist length silver hair with a beard to match. Her Hogwarts school robes swapped for those of a deep turquoise and half-moon glasses perched on her crooked nose. She had transformed into Dumbledore and she was playing her part spectacularly as she walked down the hall, electric blue eyes twinkling and a smile on her face as she nodded to the students. The Marauders watched in awe as she stood behind the podium, observing the pupils with that familiar look, as though she was hearing their thoughts. 

"Good evening, students." She greeted in Dumbledore's twinkling voice, "I do apologise for my tardiness, you see I got some toffee stuck in my teeth and we all must know the struggles of a particularly chewy sweet." She smiled at the chuckling students and the Marauders were inwardly awarding Eloise as she imitated the old man perfectly. "I am aware that you must all be awaiting my word to commence the feast." she spoke and looked over her glasses, "So...let the stuffing of one's mouths begin!" She clapped her hands and took her seat at the Head's table, sending a subtle wink to Remus and James to signal the beginning of their phase of the plan. They nodded in return and stood up, walking out of the hall to track down the real Albus Dumbledore.

~~~

All of the people looked up in shock as Albus Dumbledore walked through the doors into the Great Hall, a knowing look on his face as he looked to he front of the hall where Eloise was sat, trying her best to plaster a surprised expression on Dumbledore's face.

"I see there's an imposter among us." The real Dumbledore spoke calmly, walking to the table where Eloise had stood up,

"It seems so." She replied with an incline of her head, "Now we must simply find out who it may be." She smiled and Dumbledore found himself raising his eyebrows at her incredible accurate impression. 

"I must applaud you." He spoke, "You have succeeded to fool every person in this Hall." 

"Perhaps." Eloise tilted her head to the side, "But who would know for sure?"

The whole of the faculty and student body watched as the two Dumbledores stood observing each other, the same expression on both of their faces and their eyes not leaving one another's. Eloise clasped her hands together in front of her, signalling to Sirius for him to begin with his phase. Sirius stood up, plastering a confused look on his face as he walked to the front,

"Well?" He asked and both Dumbledore's turned to face him,
"Who is is then?"

"You're telling me that you don't already know, Mister Black?" The real Dumbledore asked with a knowing twinkle to his eye and Sirius merely frowned deeper,

"How would I? You look the same?" He gestured to the exact replica of the headmaster stood at his side,

"Well I suppose somebody knows." Dumbledore spoke before turning to face where James, Remus and Peter were sat.

"You're stood in front of me, Mister Black so it can't be you to figure it out. Mister Lupin and Mister Potter came to find me and release me from my barricaded office so it can't be them." He turned to a blushing Peter, "It must be either Mister Pettigrew or Miss Potter and since Miss Potter doesn't seem to be here..." he sent a smile to Eloise, "I should suspect that she is the imposter." He sent a nod to Eloise who smiled and morphed back into herself, "It seems I was wrong about who was to figure it out." Dumbledore spoke, "It was me." He smiled and turned to the students whose mouths were all hanging open, "I should think that Miss Potter here deserves an applause for her outstanding performance." He began to clap and slowly the hall joined in. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter standing up and cheering loudly as Eloise gave a theatrical bow. 

"Thank you! Thank you!" She called, blowing kisses to the students. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up into Dumbledore's smiling face,

"Your metamorphmagus abilities are mesmerising, Miss Potter." He told her and she grinned, "I think you'll make a great Auror one day." He smiled as Eloise's eyes widened,

"You think so?"

"I certainly do. And if you like that idea, come to my office tomorrow evening to discuss a certain...organisation if you will." He offered and Eloise nodded eagerly, beginning to make her way back to her seat, "Oh and, Miss Potter!" Dumbledore called after her and she turned around, "Bring Mister Potter, Mister Black, Mister Lupin and Mister Pettigrew with you." He told her and she nodded, though she frowned slightly,

"What is the organisation, Professor?" She asked and Dumbledore smiled,

"It's called the Order of the Phoenix."