116 ~ Giles

RIP Regulus Arcturus Black :(

No funeral was being held. Walburga and Orion were both dead and Evan Rosier had seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth so the only people that were left who cared for Regulus Black were Sirius and Eloise. So, one mild evening in the middle of September, once the shock of the whole ordeal had more or less sunk in, a group of people stood observing the sunset at the edge of a cliff with bouquets of flowers nestled in their hands, fertilised by regularly falling tears. Everyone was donned in blue - per the request of Eloise - and they looked to the ground solemnly as Sirius Black lifted up his roses and unclenched his hand, the colourful buds drifting through the air and nearing the water that was lapping against the jagged rocks below them. Eloise soon followed suit, watching with teary eyes as her peonies swayed to and fro in the wind before submerging into the murky depths of the roaring ocean. Eloise swallowed heavily and let out a breath. Sirius' hand reached backward and he clasped her shaking fingers with his own. Eloise let out a whispered sob as she pictured Regulus in her mind: young and smiling. He wasn't worried like he was when she last saw him. No, in her image, his blue eyes swam with amusement as he let out a small laugh, his aristocratic facade dropping for those few precious seconds as the chuckle erupted from his lips. This was how Eloise would remember Regulus. Not as a prejudiced pureblood. Not as a helpless teenager. And certainly not as a Death Eater. He would be the laughing boy. The polite Slytherin with enough loyalty to challenge his brother...but not enough morals to outlive him.

~~~

It was another Order meeting. Eloise was sat at the table chatting to a new acquaintance by the name of Molly Weasley, Gideon and Fabian Prewett's older sister. She was a middle-aged woman and was surrounded by five red headed children whose hair reminded Eloise slightly of Lily's. There were two little boys chasing after each other, neither older than eight; one younger one sta beside his mother with a book and his horn-rimmed glasses perched on his little nose; and two identical babies, one cradled in Molly's arms and the other in Eloise's.

"How old are they?"

"They were born in April so...six months." Molly smiled tiredly and Eloise bounced the gurgling baby in her arms, "Already a handful though, sometimes I can't tell Fred from George- Charlie take your finger out of Percy's nose!"

"I'm holding George...right?" Eloise laughed unsurely and Molly nodded with a smile,

"When are you due, my dear?"

"Late October."

"So they won't be in the same Hogwarts year as these two. What a shame, that would've been nice." Molly gestured to the twins will a sad smile,

"You never know." Eloise shrugged with a smirk, "They could turn out to be best friends anyway."

"It wouldn't surprise me, Eloise dear."

"Well I'll be excited when this little thing finally decides to pop out for a chat." Eloise stroked her stomach and Molly 'awe'd slightly,

"Though, not to worry you, dear. It isn't really a pop." Molly grimaced slightly and Eloise let out a small chuckle,

"Don't worry...I've been warned."

"Not that it isn't worth it." Molly said in a rush, a somewhat pained expression on her face as she watched Bill and Charlie trying to see who could hold their breath for longer and beginning to turn blue, "Little angels they are..."

"Lou, you ready?" Sirius, James and Lily appeared at Eloise side and they each shot a small smile to Molly,

"Oh! Aren't they precious!" Lily cooed and tenderly stroked at George's cheek with a wistful smile,

"They look like your long lost siblings, Lils." James snorted and Lily and Eloise shared a look that often graced their features at the same time - one that clearly said 'What. An. Idiot.'

"Well it was lovely seeing you, Molly." Eloise handed George back to the weary mother and patted each of the babies' heads, "Good luck and I hope to see you again soon, hopefully with less of a bump and more of a baby."

"Don't waste away the quiet, dear." Molly joked and Eloise laughed, waving goodbye to the redhead as she gripped Sirius' hand and began to leave.

~~~

Once they had arrived home, the quartet collapsed onto the plush furnishings of the living room. They were exhausted, despite it only being afternoon, and Eloise was the tiredest of the lot. She sat curled into Sirius' chest on the sofa, only half-heartedly listening to the conversation between the others as she stared into the fire. She casted her eyes up to see Lily and James cuddled together on the loveseat, Lily sat comfortably in James' lap with her hands tangled in his messy hair. She smiled slightly to herself as she observed the doting look on James' face as he stared up at his girlfriend. Lily, noticing Eloise's gaze, sent her a blushed smile and rose from James' lap.

"Elle, let's go out." she said suddenly and Eloise peered up at her from her comfortable position against Sirius.

"Hmm..." she put a hand to her chin, "Well, right now I'm snuggling with my boyfriend and rather cosy soo...no?"

"Come on, E! We need some girl time!" Lily pouted and made her eyes large,

"Wow, Lils! That's almost slightly convincing...has James been teaching you the Potter puppy eyes in his spare time?" she smirked and Lily snorted,

"More like he does it so often to make me give him a massage that I've learned to imitate them."

"Way to expose me, darling girlfriend." James said sarcastically from his seat and Lily turned around to blow him a kiss,

"Please, Elle?" Lily clasped her hands together and Eloise glared at her for a moment before groaning loudly and throwing her head back,

"Fiiiiiiiiine."

"Is spending time with me really that horrid?"

"It's more about the moving part." Eloise shrugged and Lily rolled her eyes,

"Come on, I'll take you to Ye Olde Pub and get Giles to cha cha cha with me again."

"REALLY?!"

"Yes! Now, come!"

"Okay, Pup. I have to go." Eloise stood up from the sofa but bent down and cradled Sirius' jaw, "Don't miss me too much." she pressed her lips against his briefly, "Love you."

"Love you, too...and Lou?"

"Yes, Love?"

"Who the fuck is Giles?"