120 ~ All Because...

"Goodbye, my love

"Goodbye, my love."

Eloise was stood in the centre of the living room with Sirius' arms around her as she clutched Alfie tightly against her body. Tears were falling from her cheeks onto Sirius' shoulders and the latter was trying to hold in his own. Alfie was not trying at all however and was howling into his mother's chest. It seemed he had an inkling about what was happening and was completely against his parents leaving him. His tiny fist clenched around the material of Eloise's shirt whilst his sad eyes peered up pleadingly at his father. Eloise bit her lip to hold down a sob and Sirius smoothed the hair on top of her head.

"We'll be back tomorrow if all goes well." Sirius looked up to Euphemia and Fleamont who were watching with sorrowful expressions next to James and Lily. Euphemia stepped forwards and held out her arms to take her wailing grandson. Eloise pressed one last kiss to Alfie's head whilst Sirius stroked his cheek and she begrudgingly handed her son over to her mother. Euphemia shot them both a sad smile as she shushed Alfie and bounced him slightly.

"Be safe." she said to the couple and turned to look at James and Lily,

"We will be." James smiled at his mum before nodding to Sirius. Both boys fastened their grip on their girlfriends and turned on the spot, apparating to the meeting place for the mission.

~~~

Eloise, Sirius, James and Lily all arrived at the abandoned barn where the rest of the Order had all accumulated. Eloise hastily wiped her cheeks to rid them of any tears and stepped closer to the group to listen to the orders that Mad Eye was giving.

"We set off in ten minutes. Once we're there we await the arrival of the Death Eaters and then we attack." both of his eyes moved independently to one another as they scanned the nervous-faced people surrounding him. "We aim to kill as they will do for us...there is no room for mercy in this war. Understood?"

A mumbling of agreements broke out and Mad Eye nodded, pulling out a pocket watch to check the time.

"Ready?" Sirius asked Eloise as they awaited Moody's signal,

"Not in the slightest."

"Remus, I am not a child!"

Eloise and Sirius overheard the whispered argument between the couple to their left and immediately shared a look,

"I am aware of that, Robyn. Bur forgive me for being worried about my girlfriend's safety."

"Well I'm sure James and Sirius are too but you don't see them babying them."

"That's because Lily's been on missions before and Eloise..." Remus trailed off and Robyn wore a triumphant smirk,

"Exactly! Eloise is in the same position as me!"

"No because she has graduated school!" Remus countered and Robyn crossed her arms, shaking her head slightly. Remus pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "Rob, I'm doing this because I love you, not because I don't believe in you."