37 ~ I Drew a Picture of You

If you get the reference to A Very Potter Sequel then we will love you forever and ever you true, hardcore fan.

Professor McGonagall surveyed the room with a knitted brow, glaring pointedly at any student who dared to not be practising their switching spells. Those students, of course, being the Marauders. Eloise and Remus were chatting animatedly about a muggle chocolate bar called a Crunchie that she had tried that summer with Lily, to which Peter was listening to rather intently, hastily wiping a string of drool that had started to slide out of his mouth and down his chin. Sirius was leaning back on his two chair legs, running a hand through his raven locks and sniggering heartily at James who was trying to attract the attention of a certain redhead. Sirius was attracting quite a lot of attention himself and Eloise found herself glaring at the girls who were giggling and staring wistfully at the handsome wizard.

"Evans. Evans. Hey, Evans. Evans" James muttered relentlessly in her ear. Much to the boys delight, and Lily's dismay, the messy haired teen had managed to slide into the seat next to her. "Evans, Evans, Eeeeevanssssss" He sang, "You can't ignore me forever!" the redhead sighed, and continued to wave her wand, with added vigour. "Evans, Evans, Eva-"

"What Potter?"

"I drew a picture of you" James thrust a piece of parchment in her face, with a small stick figure on it with hair drawn in red ink and another with black scribbles to signify his messy mop. Sirius burst into laughter at his best friends words, so much so that tears leaked out of the corners of his eyes, as he clutched his stomach, struggling to stay on his chair.

"Do you see what's happening in it?" James questioned, pointing to the black haired figure, with round glasses. "There's me" and he pointed to the redhead, "and there's you! You're getting kissed by me!" He turned and grinned to her. "Don't you feel privileged?" She rolled her eyes, not looking up. "Pay special attention to the shading on your hair" the boy said with pride, wiping his glasses. Lily looked at the multiple strokes of red in one area of the figure's hair, and locked eyes with Sirius, who was biting his lip, trying not to laugh again. "It's rather good" James continued, before pausing and inspecting it closer. "Actually - actually, it's quite good." he turned to Sirius, seeking approval.

"You know, it's probably the best you've ever done James" Sirius encouraged, fighting the laughter that threatened to take over, whilst leaning over to pat his friend on the back. Lily went back to practicing her spell with a sigh.

"Actually" James muttered, peering closely at the drawing, "Can I have that back?" he asked and picked up the parchment, "How do you feel about that Evans? I stole your favourite drawing!" he waved the paper in her face but it got caught on his glasses and ripped, "NO!" he shrieked and pushed it into Sirius' chest, "PADS PASTE IT!"

James composed himself and noticed Lily looking rather red and scribbling her work furiously, "Don't you like it Lily-flower?" James whispered in her ear, blowing gently in it, causing her to let out a scream that could probably be heard at Beauxbatons.

"POTTER YOU PRICK, YOU ABSOLUTE PRICK"

"Merlin, I never knew blowing in Evans' ear was her kink" Sirius muttered, "Useful information Prongs" he said and Lily's face contorted into one of fury,

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK YOU SICK BASTARD!"

"Mr Potter, Mr Black, may I ask what you are doing to cause Miss Evans such distress that she interrupts my class" McGonagall seethed her nostrils white and flared.

"Well Professor, I drew Evans a picture! You see what's happening is, there's me, and there's Evans, and I'm kissing her! She's very lucky because you see -"

"Yes thank you Mr Potter, that's quite eno-"
"No no no! It's not the best bit yet!"
"No Mr Potter"
"No Professor, I really must insist you listen. Thank you. Look at the shading on her hair, isn't that just the most impressive-"

"James Fleamont Potter" James flushed red at the use of his middle name,

"Well there was really no need for that Professor" he muttered as his friends chuckled.

"Well Mr Potter, for your cheek to me, I think there is definite need for a detention tonight, don't you?" James' mouth fell open in horror. He would miss quidditch training!

"No professor, you see -"

"I will not go round this circle again. Perhaps you would be more convinced if I told you miss Evans will be joining you for her foul-mouthed interruption?" The girl flushed, and glared at the duo, both of whom were grinning. They were in the process of high-fiving under the desk due to the fact they had earned the prefect her first detention, when McGonagall spoke again. "You can wipe that smirk off your face Mr Black, you too will be missing out on your evening, to accompany these two to their punishment" Sirius' face dropped, before hitching up a sly smirk.

"Now, now Minnie , is that really wise?" The woman's lips thinned and her nostrils flared. The smirking boy swallowed at her frightening appearance.

"One week Mr Black" she suppressed a smile before swishing her cloak and walking away. "And you too, Miss Potter, Mr Lupin, Mr Pettigrew. I don't know why you think muggle chocolate is more important than O.W.L transfiguration" the unabashed trio stifled giggles as she swept away.