Twilight

Song for the chapter: Alina Baraz- Electric ft. Khalid

"Let's go." I sighed and put on lip gloss before heading out. 

"I'm done."

"Where in Twilight city are we going?" I snuggled into my hoodie and winced from the freezing wind. The skies were dark today, I assume its going to rain. Sadly, I hadn't bothered checking the weather so I didn't have an umbrella. 

"By the harbor." He tightened his jaw.

"Why am I going again?" I mumbled, running a little to keep up with his long strides.

"Multiple reasons." That was an annoyingly vague answer.

"Wait-" I groaned and pulled his arm back to get him to slow down. "You need to slow down." Chuckling, he listened and walked slower.

"From what I can tell, the man who stole your necklace, Dave Copper, is at Twilight City. " He said while tugging my hand into his. My cheeks warmed, unsure how to feel about him holding my hand. "You should've dressed warmer." He scolded. 

"Its okay." I mumbled. Wind crashed into my skin painfully. I didn't think it would be this cold in October.

All I was wearing was high waisted skinny jeans, heeled boots, and a cropped sweater. My hair was cornrowed and slicked back. Along with some hoop earrings and chokers plus my cute purse bookbag. I looked good but I don't think it was worth it in this weather.

20 minutes later of struggling to keep up with Jason's pace and we made it to Twilight City. The exercise was enough to keep me warm along with Jason's body heat.

"Where is he?" I bit my lip.

This place looked like a festival. Hundreds of people dancing and laughing. Some in traditional clothing and others in nothing but black. Vendors on either side of the road, torturing you to buy what they have.

I don't think I ever went to this part of the city when I was a kid, I would've remembered this.

The place was full of culture. Not the typical culture of ethnicity or nationalities either. Everyone was dressed in specific clothing and jewelry but I couldn't figure out the meaning. Like the beautiful women with flowers braided into their hair, walking around with thin clothing and no shoes, feeding the stray animals. Or the the lady who was scanning the vendors for specific herbs, wearing bells on all of her limbs, wearing rings with giant crystals on her hands and neck.

All of them had a meaning to what they wore, how they danced, how they acted... Everything was grabbing my attention. It was like we had stepped into a different century. 

I held onto Jason's hand tighter. People bumped into us from every direction, rubbing shoulders with almost everyone we crossed. I let go of his hand and instead grabbed the back of his hoodie. Beyond the loud cheering and conversations, I could hear music playing. Not your everyday radio music more like orchestra music, a melody of violins, cellos, and drums climaxing, raising the suspense as we moved through the crowds.

The merchandise caught my attention as it wasn't your normal items. Herbs, crystals, unknown fruits, jewelry with viles, potions, animal carcasses. We were passing a small manmade bridge when two girls, decorated with flowers, dumped flowers across people. They ran away giggling as the vendors scolded them. I smiled, looking up at the falling petals of pink, white, and yellow flowers.

 I smiled, looking up at the falling petals of pink, white, and yellow flowers