Revolution

Song for the chapter: Florence+ The Machine- Dog days are over

I shifted back and forth, rocking myself. Jason dropped onto a log, dropping his head into his hands. I closed my eyes, why can't this all be over?

"I wanna know if you-"

"Why do you keep singing that stupid song?" Jason sighed, "That's all you've sung since..." He snapped his eyes to me, grabbing my waist and pulling me down from the rock. Stumbling to stand, he gripped my arm tightly, holding me up. "What song is that?"

"I wanna know." I answered. He pushed my hair back out of my face.

"Sing it. Sing it from the beginning to end."

"I wanna know...
if you care for me.
If you feel my touch as heavenly...
I wanna know if you feel this too, if you don't
than I can't be in
love with you....."

Jason's gaze softened into one of sadness. His grip on me loosened, moving from my arm to my face. 

"A million miles between
you and I....
I wanna know if you feel it too. If you don't
I can't be in love with you....

I wanna know
when you look at me....
Do the voice of angels
start to sing?
I wanna know
if you hear them tooo...
if you don't than I can't be in love with you..."

I looked away blushing, to shy to face him. He shook his head.

"Why'd it have to be me?" He sighed, resting his head on top of mine. "I'm not good enough for you." He whispered. 

"A million nights I've
Loved this quiet,
I need to know if you hear this too.
If you don't,
I can't be in love with you

A million times I keep on trying,
I'm gonna know
if you love me too.

If you don't,
I can't be in love with you."

"Okay..." There was resentment in the back of his voice.  "This entire time you've been singing exactly what you needed. I'm so sorry. I thought it was just a random melody that you liked." He stood up straight, grabbing my hand to take me somewhere.

He lead the way through the woods, smiling softly to himself. The sound of water running caught my attention, was the island really that small that we already reached the other side? Quite the opposite. Jason lead me to a waterfall, a much bigger one than before. This time we were on top of the waterfall with maybe a three story drop into the pool at the bottom.

 This time we were on top of the waterfall with maybe a three story drop into the pool at the bottom

"Take your clothes off, Kitten."

I took my grey shirt off, followed by my jeans. I watched Jason strip down to his underwear, that's when I looked away, unable to keep my gaze. Instead I took my socks off, sitting down at the edge of the drop.