Kisses & Demons

Song for the chapter: Suran- Calling in love

I took a deep breath because for some reason my chest feels incredibly heavy.

I didn't want to be anywhere near him so I brought my legs into my chest, away from him.

Jason didn't like that, so he stood in front of me, blocking the tv. I avoided eye contact as he leaned down to pick me up, placing me down on his lap to watch the movie. I kept my eyes glued to the tv.

I felt horrified, completely opposite of how I used to think about him. I was stiff and tense, not easing into him at all. 

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Terrified." I whispered. His hand played with my hair, putting me back into a relaxed, sleepy state. "You scare me." Playing with my hair was very therapeutic to me. He was quickly putting me back to sleep.

"Good."

Annoyed by his answer, I crawled back out of his lap only for him to pull my legs back into his hold. My first reaction would've been to push away but I thought twice not wanting to anger him. He brought my right leg over his waist so I was straddling him. I shivered as my blanket fell.

Tears reappeared. I looked away from him.

"You- you're mean." I bit my lip, keeping my eyes on the vase full of white tulips.

"I don't like being disrespected, Serenity. I understand were your anger came from but I will not tolerate your bratty, foul mouth." He hissed. I frowned biting my lip. "You took my warnings as a joke, which disrespected me even more. " I wiped away the tear that fell, still avoiding eye contact.

"You hurt me." I mumbled. "You tortured me." I bit my lip harder to keep it from trembling.

"A small punishment." He gently turned my head to face him. I still avoided looking at him, looking down at his neck. His thumb ran across my bottom lip, pulling it from my teeth. "Look at me." He wiped my cheeks clear of tears. I huffed, a small whine coming from the back of my throat. Of course, that fear kicked in, making me quickly look at him and look away again. " Serenity?" He asked once, and once only.

"Yes?" I reluctantly looked at him.

His eyes were back to their usual calm, soothing state. Making it easier for me to look at. They gave me comfort, the comfort of his kindness, sweetness. I like when his eyes are like this, I don't ever want to see his eyes dark like last night again!

His black hair sparsely falling over his face, making me what to run my hands through it.

Lips, pink and soft. Not that I would know, but I'm sure they are.

"Yes?" I answered again, realizing I spaced out for a second. I looked back up to his eyes.

"How do you feel about the situation yesterday? Do you still think you should have saved him- "

"Don't hurt me again." I cut him off. He sighed.

"Do not disrespect me again, understand?" That's not the answer I was expecting. I expected something like, 'I Would never' or 'It won't happen again.' But he would... If I disrespect him.

Instilling that fear into me again....

"Okay." I breathed out, nodding slowly.

"Does your neck hurt?" He asked while looking down at my body.

"I can't tell..."

I was still too scared...adrenaline, anxiety, nervousness was masking any physical response.