First Rose

Song for the Chapter: Niki -Sugarplum Elegy

In a second the dark, cloudy skies, turned into a blazing clear one. Jason fidgeted uncomfortably. I'm glad the teleporting doesn't affect me anymore cause the dizziness was starting to really annoy me.

"If you want to help then there's something you have to do first. This won't be the same as before." He pulled my hand opposite of the trees, walking toward a clearing by a small pond. "Wait." I looked around, waiting as he said.

It wasn't long before a small bunny came hopping out of the bushes.

"A bunny!" I cooed. "Heyy..." I stood up inching toward it slowly.

"Talk to him." Jason came up from behind me. The bunny leaned toward Jason more, eventually ending up in his hand. Jason smiled, adoring the fluffy animal. "Here."

Gently, making sure not to hurt the animal, he passed him over to me.

"Hey, baby..." I cooed. Letting him rest on my lap. Gently, I petted his hair back.

I felt his emotions, I think. My emotions were masked with fear, It was scared.

I closed my eyes to focus better.

I can see it, I chuckled. There was a variety of colors. Each color representing an emotion. I smiled unconsciously, its weird to be able to see this.... but this darkness, it was slowly spreading, like a disease. It was infecting him. Noo....

"I can feel it." I pouted. "He's scared because he's being poisoned, infected. Aww, poor baby, No, Don't be scared."

Let me help you...

I wasn't sure what I need to do. Take the darkness away or turn it...to light?

"How do I help him?" I asked while keeping my eyes closed. The thought of not being able to help this poor bunny brought tears to my eyes. "Is this what is happening to animals?" I asked rhetorically. "Jason," I cried. "They're scared, its consuming them, their family, habitat..." I bit my lip.

"Don't get sucked in, you'll lose yourself." He warned. Oh right...

Focusing on the darkness, I replaced it with Love, happiness, warmness. I didn't know what would help so I tried curing it with every great thing there is. Just hoping something would help him. I pushed my feelings into him as much as I could.

Opening my eyes, I could see the clear bright soul from him. It wasn't tainted anymore, on the contrary, it was shinning.

"I did it! He's happy. Look, look, look." I jumped with excitement, showing the bunny to Jason. My heart exploded in happiness.  "I helped this little rabbit, Jason. I helped him, hes okay!" I smiled while snuggling into the bunny. "You're okay!"

I could feel his gratitude.

"Good job, Serenity. Now you have to help all of them." He smiled.

"Okay!" I let the rabbit down.

"Remember, don't let yourself get lost in their feelings. It could break you."

"I'll try." I nodded.

"How do you feel? Do you think you can try to cleanse the forest and not lose control?"

"Absolutely!" I cheered. I was so happy that I managed to help the bunny that I just want to help everyone. "I can do it!"  

I knelt down to grip the green grass. Closing my eyes I could see the darkness, it was already drying out the trees, setting up for another fire.