The Truth Of Jason

Song for the chapter: Kanon Wakeshima- Cruel Fairy Tale

"Jason!" I yelled in happiness. 

There he stood, beautiful as ever. He hadn't aged a bit, no he looks just the same as I last saw him! His signature black attire, black jeans and a black hoodie. Even his wings are free! I love him, I love him, I love him! I missed him so much! I need him!

I stumbled over to him, forgetting the height of the shoes I had on, desperate just to touch him, just to make sure he's real. Something in the back of my head noted the fact that he remained stoic at the sight of me but thought nothing of it. 

And sure enough, reality slapped me in the face when Jason gripped my throat, slamming me against the wall. 

Jason! What is he doing?! I can't breath and I can't pull him off of me! I choked, kicking my feet, thrashing around, doing anything to get him off me! Stop! Jason!

"Brother, that's enough. She's not that much of a threat." Lucifer put a hand on Jason's wrist, signaling him to stop. The hand disappeared, dropping me to the floor. I gasped loudly, desperately taking big breaths and scooting back from both of them.

I looked at Jason, standing alongside Lucifer as if they were friends. What's wrong with him!? He's looking at me as if I was nothing. The beauty in his eyes are dulled out, I can't see the glow anymore. 

I thought about my reunion with Jason a few times and it usually consisted of a tight hug and deep kisses, it seems I miscalculated.  I couldn't help the overwhelming sadness that enveloped my heart. 

"Jason?" I mumbled, slowly standing up, careful to keep my distance. Lucifer looked between us, keeping a hand on Jason's wrist in case of another attack. "What did you do to him!?" I cried. "What did you do?!" He's not the same! My eyes teared up at the sight of Jason staring down at me. "What did you do to him!?" I pushed against Lucifer, kicking his leg, stomping on his feet with my heels, surprisingly enough he let me. It's not like he could feel this anyway...

"I'm guessing Jason never told you much about himself..."

"No but he's not this! You poisoned him." I stared up in disbelief at Jason, his face was so cold, so heartless. He kept his eyes glued to me, waiting for another chance to grab me.

"You're mistaken, Serenity. Jason is and always will be this. Have a seat, this is sure to surprise you." Didn't have much of a choice since he put both hands on my shoulders, forcing me to sit. While Jason's touch used to bring me such warmth, Lucifer's were dulled of any heat, almost no temperature.  Lucifer leaned down over me, I frowned, inching back, his hands grabbed my cuffs, pulling them further down.

"Mph." I grunted, narrowing my eyes at him as he pulled away. My hands were now chained to the chair. Why do I have a feeling I'm about to get upset and that's why he chained me down?

Jason walked over to the wall adjacent of me while Lucifer sat back on his throne.

"Lets take it all the way back, shall we?" Lucifer sighed. "When the comet hit, the evil that came with it affected all and every single life form there was, even the angels. There were only a hand full of infected angels... including Jason's father." I looked at Jason who looked at Lucifer. "Giselle is Jason's mother and David was Jason's father. Once it was certain that the plague could not be contained, all the pure angels were forced to stay in the Heavens. Any infected fell and could not return even if their intentions were still pure. You see when a soul came in contact with this disease, you suddenly had access to many more emotions, many more options, ideas, you had access to a different part of your brain, heart, soul. In return, a war raged in one's own mind. 'Is this right? Is this wrong? Do I deserve this? Is this what's best for me? Should I help others or take care of myself first?' Nothing was simple anymore, everything came with a double intention whether one knew it or not. Everyone's mind- the world became complex, stronger, smarter even. Good actions could be done with ill intent, the right choice could feel wrong while the wrong ones brought satisfaction, helping one person could hurt another, horrible events brought better opportunities.