Christmas

Song for the chapter: Ariana Grande- Winter Things

"Thank you, I love you." I kissed both my parents on the cheek. My dad gave me a pair of red earrings and my mom gave me the matching necklace.

I loved it. Truthfully, any jewelry is beautiful but make it red and its the best thing in the world.

Now I'm a broke kid with no job. So there was no way I could possibly buy them something like watches or jewelry or anything of value.

I got my mom a pair of heeled boots since she's always stealing mine! They were almost identical to mine except a small heel and small details.

My dad was trickier. I really didn't know what to get him, so I just got him a sweater. Oh... I'm so bad at getting my dad gifts.

But hey he liked it...at least I think. He might've been faking it.

"What did Lexi get you?" My mom asked while throwing the wrapping paper away.

"A first- aid kit." The little smartass got me a mini first-aid kit. It came cutely wrapped with a lovely hand-written note that read,

'For the future. Since it seems like you can't take care of yourself.'

But its okay, I got her a little present too and lets just say, I really hope she opens it in public....

"I'm pretty sure you'll use that more than our presents." I hit my dads leg.

"No, I won't." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yeah, especially since there's ice everywhere. That reminds me, be careful walking out. I don't want you hurting yourself." Mom passed us each a plate of food.

" Mom passed us each a plate of food

"Go to bed mom, I'll clean up."

"Thank you, honey. Merry Christmas." She kissed my head before walking toward her room.

"Dad, what are we doing for new years?" I asked while washing the dishes.

"Nothing really, why?" He looked over the rim of his reading glasses, finishing his coffee.

"No reason, except I wanted to go with Lexi to a countdown party. There's going to be fireworks and games."

"I'm guessing this party last through the new year." He sighed.

"Yes, but I wouldn't come home late, just until 2?" I winced. "If that's okay? Please."

"Where is it?" He asked adding the mug into my pile of dishes.

"Its at that big park, you know the one with the lake, and stuff."

"Rivertown Pond-

"yeah that!"

"If its going to be outside, you're going fully covered. Two sweaters, two coats, two scarves, two everything. Hot tea, heat packets, ear muffs-"

"Dad, I get it! Stay warm. I won't get sick, I promise." I laughed, putting plates into the rack.