True Warrior

Song for the chapter: Sia-Alive

I never thought about how I would die. Maybe something like old age, heart attack possibly. No, it definitely would've been something along the lines of having an accident. Whether tripping into a knife or wrong time, wrong place. Never would I have thought I would be killed by a giant octopus-looking demon who hurled me into the woods. Who would've thought? Who could have imagined? 

I didn't get to graduate high school. Didn't get to move out. Though with my track record, it's a miracle I even lived this long. I guess I should be grateful right, I mean I got to know about things the world will never know. I died protecting the world, that's probably the most honorable type of death, don't you think? I guess this was a good way to die, I can't regret it though it would have been nice to finish my mission. My mission of  never letting hell rule over Earth, maybe after I finish then I could rest without regret.... Maybe I can rest without nightmares now, maybe I can forget all the scary things I've come to witness. Maybe I can be reincarnated into an ignorant women who knows nothing of the secrets of the world and never has to do any of the things I've done. It would be nice. It would be nice to live in ignorance and just have beautiful friends. Doesn't that sound fun? 

But to forget someone like Jason is... disheartening. To live without Jason is not something I think I can fathom. Now I have to die without ever getting to... getting to kiss him.... getting to live with him without the impending doom of the world. I really like him. I'm growing closer and closer to him every day, every second... but I guess it's too late. It's too late.

The sight of the muddy grass began to shift, stretching over my dead body. Grass growing together to form a single blanket around my body, hiding me from the light as I was pulled completely underground.

Was I going to hell? Maybe I deserve to. I mean I did fail, didn't I?

The rose tattoo on my arm suddenly began to glow. Blinding as harshly as the sun in the tiny cocoon. It must have been a signal for something because there was a sudden energy in my body.

One by one my cells found a way to work again,

repairing my tissues...

...muscles...

...organs...

My legs began to shift, snapping back to place after being dislocated. The once protruding bone sticking out of my kneecap now resting in its rightful place under skin and muscle.