Back To School

Song for the chapter: Gotye- Hearts a Mess

"Good to see you, Ms. Rose." Mrs. Sunny, my art teacher, smiled softly.

"Good morning." I smiled back.

After Mr. James' unwelcoming greeting last period, it was nice to see someone notice I was gone other than my friends of course. 

The class went by smoothly, I did have to save my neighbors ass when he had forgotten his materials though. Unfortunately, its test day meaning we have to draw the still life in front of us consisting of a bunch of metal objects. Mrs. Sunny hates when we forget to bring our materials and automatically gives us a zero for the day. I didn't have an extra pencil so I had to break mine in half and sharpen it to make two mini pencils. The relief on his face made me chuckle, the semester is almost up so I can understand his apprehension especially being a senior.

Shit, if I didn't do the makeup work my parents retrieved for me during my absence I might've failed some of my classes too. I need to thank them for that because I absolutely would've neglected all the missed work.  And I need to graduate! I need to get the fuck out of here!

Oh shit!

College! I need to fill out the applications! How could I have forgotten?!

'RRINNNNNGGGGG!'

I jumped in my seat. Everyone packed their things, handing in the assignment and rushing out. After my third period, I rushed to lunch, needing to talk to Lexi. 

"Hey, did you submit your college applications yet?" I rushed to Lexi as she sat down in front of me at the lunch table.

"Serenity, you got to be kidding?" She chuckled, opening her orange juice. "I submitted mine before school even started, to Celestial University, I told you this already."

"You did?" I jerked by head back, when did she tell me that. I don't remember. "Celestial University?" I frowned. "That's across state. Literally on the other side of the state."

"I know, its not far enough from my parents right? I should've applied out of state." She shook her head, noticing my worry, her face softened. "You haven't applied, have you?" I winced, shaking my head. "I can help you, do you know which one you want to go to?"

"Nope." I sighed.

"Serenity!" Cassie smiled, dropping into the seat next to me.

"Hey, Cassie." I smiled, happy to see her filled with this joyful energy. I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to her in our third period, we were taking a test the entire class. 

"I heard what happened, are you healthy now? Are you stable?"

"Yeah, don't even worry about it, I just took a long nap." I chuckled, dismissing it with my hand.

"Look who's back." Damon dropped next to Lexi, a few guys following his actions. "Glad to see you suffering alongside of us." He smiled.

"Yes, thank you both for the gifts you brought me. I love them." He shrugged, stealing one of Cassie's chicken nuggets. "Hey, have you guys applied to college?" I asked toward Damon and Cassie.

"mmhmm." Cassie nodded, mouth full of food. "I got accepted already."

"Oh," Damn, I really am behind. "Congratulations."

"I finished submitting to all of my options yesterday." Damon smiled proudly.

"Don't worry, you can come with me." Lexi smiled, taking a bite of her pizza.