WAR Pt. 3

Song For The Chapter: 2WEI- Toxic (Cover)

Roars filled the skies, loud, deep angry cries that I felt vibrate through my body. I began to panic, stepping back but Jason put a hand on my back, stopping me.

A faint shadow, slid across the clouds, followed by the sound of big wings pushing against the air. It passed over the moon, briefly hiding any light, and briefly showing its silhouette. The demon is huge! Way bigger than anything we've seen! 

Oh no...

It's going to cause so much damage. I need to do something. I tried stepping up but this time Jason's hand held me back, keeping me in place.

There was a second of silence and I had lost track of where the demon was. Then it happened all at once...

The fire...

The screams...

The water...

The growling...

The magic...

I stood paralyzed watching the massacre happen in front of me...

I dropped to my knees with tears pouring out of my eyes.

Never did I think this could happen, never could I have imagined this...

My heart overflowed with such emotion I almost passed out.

I closed my eyes, taking the deepest breath I could.

The heat of the fire brought sweat to my skin, 

brought light to the skies, 

and pain to the demons.

Two strong hands brought me to my feet, shouting something to me but I couldn't bother to listen as the scene infront of me unfolded.

The shadows that had circled us through the clouds were not demon, no of course not. How foolish of me... It was something far greater.

They were dragons!

The dragons arrived with such a grand entrance, dropping from the skies to spew fire on to the demons. The ground shook the moment the dragons feet touched down, at each moment each dragon landed. Five dragons dropped down, one after the other, circling the demons to spit fire into the pit of demons.

Cries filled the air, filling my eardrums. Demons took to the skies trying to escape as their wings caught flame but to no avail, the dragons only raged, not letting anything flee. My vision began to wave from the merciless fire.

Not only had dragons joined at our side, more creatures began to appear...

I don't know what happened exactly, it was all happening too fast, and so much was happening so fast that I couldn't exactly see. But from what I did managed to see, the demons that were burning alive, dropped from the platform into the dark abyss below only for an enormous amount of water flood back up.

The freezing water cooled my feet while filling my nose with the scent of saltwater. Not only did the demons disappear but something from underneath us roared so loudly that even the angels felt the pain of its intensity, covering their ears and cringing.