Red Tomato

Lance's POV:

I stood up nervously and walked to the center of the room. It was filled by the other students of the drama club.

Shiro, our president, asked, "So Lance, who are you auditioning for?"

"U-Um..." I stuttered, "Juliet."

The students started to whisper and giggle.

"Are you sure?" Shiro said. "You'd be a natural at Romeo."

"Y-Yeah... completely."

There wasn't an actual reason for why I wanted to be Juliet. I just felt that doing something unordinary would be good. Maybe I could discover another side of me.

But now, I'm starting to rethink that...

I don't get nervous either. I'm confident most of the time. But today's just not my day.

"You can begin when you're ready." He held his clipboard.

Some people consider me to be a good actor. I'm passionate and dedicated but I can be delicate.

"Oh, R-Romeo, Romeo. Where for art thou, Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, or if thou wilt not, but be sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet. T-Tis but thy name that is my enemy."

I gulped in the middle.  "You'd be yourself if you were not called Montague. What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name w-would smell as sweet. So Romeo would."

I smiled, "Romeo, c-cast off thy name and for that name which is no part of you... take me." I ended it there.

Shiro clapped while the only students who did were my friends, Pidge and Hunk.

Pidge and Hunk are my best friends. Pidge is the smartest person in school while Hunk is the nicest. Hunk is an amazing cook while Pidge is great with technology. Those two are so awesome.

"That was great!" Shiro wrote something down as I bowed.

"He did terribly!" Lotor laughed.

Lotor's a big jerk. I don't know why, but he likes to pick on me. Sadly, we're in the same club. I've told Shiro about him, but no matter how many times I try to stop him, Lotor doesn't. He's a bad apple.

"Lotor!" Shiro yelled.

Lotor chuckled more. I made eyes with him. He made a shape of an L with his hand on his forehead. He stuck out his tongue. I gripped tightly onto my jacket and looked down.

Shiro noticed and signaled me to sit back down, so I did.

I sat between my friends. I brought my knees to my chest and sighed.

Hunk rubbed my back while Pidge gave Lotor a death glare.

"Next up, Keith Kogane."

I smiled and started to feel warm. It was weird. I looked at the center of the room.

Keith was standing there... he's so cute.

I have a big crush on him. We're good friends but we're not that close. He's really nice, despite the cold barrier. He's pretty emotional and he likes to act as well. We have each other's back. Also like I've said before, he's soooo cute.

Yup... he's amazing.

"Okay, Keith, who are you going for?"

He put his hands in his pockets, "Romeo."

"Really? I thought you'd go for someone different."

"Well I don't really like being a tree to be honest," Keith smirked.

hE's sO fUcKiNg cUtE!!!! I thought.

"Fair enough, give me your best shot."

He cleared up his throat.

"He jests at scars that never felt a wound." He walked around the room a bit. "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?"

He looked up at a 90 degree angle and smiled slowly. "It is the east, and Juliet is the sun."

He turned his head and met his eyes with mine. He winked sneakily then looked back. He let me looking like a red tomato.

"You totally like him." Pidge whispered into my ear.

"Do not!" I whisper-yelled back.

Keith spoke, "Arise, fair sun and kill the envious moon who's already sick and pale with grief that thou, her maid, are far more fair than she." He paused, "Wait... it is my lady."

He faced Lance. "Oh, it is my love. Oh, that she knew she were."

Right after that, they made eye contact. "The brightness of her cheek would shame the stars as daylight doth a lamp. Her eyes set in heaven would give forth such light that the birds would sing and think it were not night."

I blushed again. Pidge and Hunk watched the magic evolve.

"See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch that cheek."

Lance whispered, "Ah me..."

His eyes lit up, "She speaks." He faced Shiro. "Oh, speak again bright angel."

Everyone clapped together. Shiro chuckled, "Very good Keith!" Keith became shy.

Why can't I be as good as him..? I thought. I wish I had talent like that...