Not

A/N: if you swipe right on the picture of this chapter, there's a video.

That video is the song Keith is listening to :)

Keith's POV:

~4 hours before play~

Lance and I kept quiet. We avoided each other in the hall and didn't want to interact at all. Pidge and Hunk were trying to get us back on speaking terms. You could really tell. But we didn't click as nicely as before.

I was still very concerned about Lance.

Every day, he had somehow managed to act and look worse. Once in a while, I would catch him crying out of nowhere.  His eyes had bags and he was gradually losing weight. He always wore a hood in the halls and looked down at the floor.

I tried to comfort him as best as I could, but he kept "nicely" pushing me away.

Everything was now grey without him.

I was walking down the halls with my backpack on. I had my earbuds on and was listening to my favorite song. "Dangerous" by Left Boy.

You understand I've got a plan for us
I bet you didn't know that I was dangerous
It must be fate, I got a place for us
I bet you didn't know that I was dangerous

"Worthless piece of shit!" A strong, loud voice yelled.

There was an echo in a particular hallway. I heard the sound of punching and slurs being thrown at someone. There were cries of mercy. A person was begging but they got punched while they were talking. Books were slammed on the ground and backpacks were hitting lockers.

The aura caught my attention.

I immediately bolted down the aisle. The hood on my head flew off as my hair slowly flowed through the wind. I went from speed walking to running in a matter of seconds. It seemed like time had stopped but there was still a race of fortune.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks.

There was a group of teenagers who were playing "Monkey in the Middle" with someone's backpack. They kept shouting insults and would casually slap the person who was trying to get their stuff back. When that person got tired, the group started to kick them.

They resembled a team of villains in a fairytale. They were all boys who were wearing evil grins. They didn't look very muscular but had the body of someone tough. The person in the middle looked like an abandoned puppy who was struggling. They couldn't defend themselves.

That person was Lance.

"HEY!" I shouted. My hands turned into fists.

You don't want to fuck around
With me
You're talking to a
God-damn...

They all glared at me with their disapproving eyes.

"What do you want emo?!" One of the villains asked.

They stopped playing their game and just stood there.

"What I want is for you guys to leave Lance alone!"

God

"Or what?!"

"Or else I'm gonna kick your sorry asses!" I cracked my knuckles and my neck.

"What makes you think that you can just mess around with someone like that?!" I yelled into their ears.

"Why should it matter to you?" The same person asked. "It's not like you're gonna do something about it!"

"Maybe I will!"

I punched that boy in the nuts and watched him ache in pain.

"People aren't just toys you can play with! They're human beings just like you and me!"

"But this one's a pathetic fly!" Another teen pointed at Lance. "He can't do anything right! He's just a waste of space!"

Waste of space...

Born and raised in the Vienna
Rapped up, Deutsch baby

"YOU'RE THE MOTHER FUCKERS THAT WROTE THOSE INSULTS IN LANCE'S NOTEBOOK?!" I yelled, almost screaming.

Not