Gentle Romeo

3rd Person POV:

Lance was standing on top of a tall, stable ladder. He was gazing at everyone with a happy smile.

He wore a white dress with a few pieces of blue cloth. He had a couple of flowers on his head. He looked adorable and great.

Keith was hiding behind a cardboard bush. His head was poking out and he had a curious look on his face.

His outfit was more covered up. He wore the red, fancy prince suit but it was covered in a black cloak. This boy appeared as someone mysterious.

"She jests at scars that never felt a wound," Keith spoke, "but soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun."

Keith looked up with glistening eyes.

"Arise, fair sun and kill the envious moon who's already sick and pale with grief that thou, her maid, are far fairer than she." He faced Lance. "Oh, it is my love. Oh, that she knew she was."

The couple made eye contact for a quick second. They blushed the tiniest bit.

"The brightness of her cheek would shame the stars as daylight doth a lamp. Her eyes set in heaven would give forth such light that the birds would sing and think it was not night." Keith continued.

"See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch that cheek."

Lance stretched his arms out, "Ah, me."

"She speaks..! Oh, speak again bright angel!"

"Oh, Romeo, Romeo. Where for art thou, Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, or if thou wilt not, but be sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

"Shall I hear more? Shall I speak of this?"

"Ah, tis but thy name that is my enemy." Lance chuckled, "You'd be yourself if you were not called Montague. What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. So Romeo would. Romeo, cast off thy name and for that name which is no part of you... take all myself!"

Lance wrapped his arms around himself and yelled with happiness. He laughed at the ceiling as if no one was watching.

Keith jumped out of the corner and screamed, "I take it thy word!"

The boy on the ladder was startled.

"Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized! Henceforth, I never will be Romeo!"

Lance climbed down slowly and ran to Keith.

He was freaking out, "What men art thou? That thus be-screened at night, so stumblest on my counsel?"

"By a name, I know not how to tell thee who I am. My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself because it is an enemy to thee. Had I it written, I would tear the word."

Lance looked a Keith with a sad look in his eyes. "My ears have yet not drunk a hundred words of thy tongue uttering, yet I know the sound. Art thou, not Romeo, and a Montague?"

"Neither, fair maid, if either thee dislike."

"How camest thou hither, tell me, and wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, considering who thou art. If any of my kinsmen find thee here..."

Lance went closer to him and cupped his hands.

Keith talked, "With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls for stony limits cannot hold love out, and what love can do, that dares love attempt. Therefore thy kinsmen are no stop to me."