Helping

3rd Person POV:

Keith was sitting outside the nurse's office. One of his legs kept bouncing while he was thinking about Lance. He knew it wasn't serious, but it still worried him.

Suddenly, Lance stood next to his seat. He looked down at Keith with a smile.

"Why do you look so down in the dumps?" Lance asked.

Keith immediately stood up and looked at Lance's hand. He grabbed it gently and gave Lance a scared look.

"Don't worry, it's just sprained."

Keith gave the boy a hug. "I'm so sorry for getting you hurt..! It's all my fault.."

Lance patted Keith's back, "Hey, don't beat yourself up. It was my choice to raise my fist at him, okay? Nothing is your fault."

"But if I was strong enough..."

"Stop it, Keith, don't put yourself down like that. Don't be me."

"I can't help it."

Lance lifted Keith's chin. "Don't worry about anything. We're both in one piece so that means we can share one more moment. Stop looking at the past, alright?"

He carefully looked at Lance's hand again. Then he sighed, "If it makes you feel any better, then okay. I'll try to limit my worry."

"Good," Lance replied as he scrambled Keith's hair.

"H-Hey! I just brushed it back into place!"

"Oh, sorry. I just thought that that mullet looks kinda cute."

They both paused.

"W-What?" Lance stuttered. "Did I j-just day th-that? S-Sorry! I-I meant w-weird! Maybe w-w-weirdly cute... b-but doesn't matter!"

Keith chuckled, "Thank you, Lance."

Lance let out a big sigh, "No problem I guess."

The nurse walked out to Keith and Lance. She handed them dismissal forms like Shiro did. "Head back to class, you guys should hurry."

"Yes ma'am," the two said in unison.

They turned around and made their way to math class where Pidge was at. The nurse went back to her office. Lance and Keith walked to their classroom in silence.

~5.67 minutes later~

"So what did you guys do when the nurse left the room?" Pidge asked.

Keith immediately blushed, "Pidge..!"

"I'm serious. You guys must've done something."

He chuckled nervously, "We just hugged..."

"You guys are getting closer to being in a relationship."

"No, we're not!"

"Yeah, you guys are."

"No, we are NOT!"

"Keep telling yourself that." Pidge glanced at Lance. "What are you doing?"

Lance was working on a worksheet. He heard Pidge's voice and answered, "Trying to work a problem out."

"Can I see?"

"Rather not show you, sorry. Whenever you solve something for me, I feel dumb."

"But why?"

"Because everyone is smarter than me and having the smartest kid in school teach me, is like having a parent explain subtraction using apples."

"Geez, I just wanted to help."

"Sorry, please don't take offense to that. I didn't mean it in a bad way."

"I know you didn't, so I don't mind."

Lance went back to looking at his paper. He wrote a few trials down but then banged his head on the desk.

"I can help you if you want..." Pidge said, "I can explain it in a more complex way if you need me to."

Lance looked up at her, "Fine." He handed her the paper, "I'm struggling."

Pidge examined it, "Dude! This is so easy! Even a baby could do this! Geez, how are you not in extra math classes!"

Lance looked down and mumbled, "I am..."

Keith grabbed one of his hands, "You alright?" Lance just nodded.

"Okay Lance, all you have to do is multiply h by 7 and x by 7. Then you add whatever you get by multiplying 9 and 78 with your answer from the first part of the equation. Then you add hc which should be easy since h=21 and c=45. When you see two letters together, it means to multiply. After that, you divide that by 4. Finally, you multiply your answer by 21,345.7890 which is pretty easy."

Lance looked at Pidge with a confused face. He sighed then looked down at his desk. "I might as well go back to elementary..."

"You should. You didn't get all of that because I didn't give you food to help."

"Whatever." Lance placed his head down and started to tear up.

Keith grabbed the paper from Pidge and analyzed it carefully. He tapped his shoulder. "Hey, Lance?"

Lance looked up, "What is it..?"

He pointed to the first number. "How many lions do you have."

"7..."

"Let's say h is a heart and x means a xylophone. You have to multiply 7 by hearts and some xylophones. What about that be?"

Lance held his paper, "7 hearts times 7 xylophones?"

"Correct! And if you were to make that shorter?"

"7h x 7x?"

Keith nodded. Lance wrote down the first part. Slowly and nicely, Keith explained the problem to Lance. Pidge was amazed by his teaching skills. She thought that no one can educate the impossible.

In the end, Lance was able to answer multiple problems. At the end of class, he had the whole paper filled out with a bit more help from the teacher.

Lance hugged Keith happily, "Thank you for helping me!"

"It's no problem, Lance," Keith answered. "It's the least I can do since your wrist is hurt."

Pidge scoffed, "I thought you couldn't teach the stupid."

"Nah, Lance isn't stupid," Keith looked at him with a smile, "he just needed time and further explanation, that's all."