Pills

3rd Person POV:

Keith looked down at his blanket. He sat there with his hands covering his face, tears running down from his eyes. Hunk and Lance were in complete shock while Pidge saw it coming.

"I'm s-sorry..!" Keith gasped between breaths.

Lance wrapped his arms around him and cried alongside him. Their eyes became red as their hair went messy.

"W-Why..?!" Lance yelled. "Why would y-you do that?!"

Pidge pushed up her glasses, "It was probably because of the bullying at Keith's school. It must have destroyed him... right?"

Keith nodded. "B-Back when I didn't meet you guys..." the boy choked, "I-I was at a very dark p-place..."

Hunk tried not to tear up too. Too many droplets were landing on Keith's recovery bed.

"I-I still remember how it happened..." Keith continued, "I think I was, maybe t-twelve? Probably th-thirteen. Back when my dad was still a-alive, h-he was very sick. H-He had pill bottles in our bathroom c-cabinet."

"O-One day... I wanted to stop living in that n-nightmare. I-I figured that the only way to do that was to put m-myself into p-permanent slumber..."

Lance made Keith rest his head on his shoulder.

"S-So... I almost chugged a whole bottle of p-pills. But... my mom stopped me..." Keith cried.

Lance held him steadily, "I-I can't believe... someone like you... w-would try that..!"

Keith chuckled, "You're surprised?"

"Hell yeah, I am! I-I was could've lost one of the greatest p-people in my life!"

Keith looked at Lance, "Wh-What about you?"

"Huh?"

"What about y-you? Have you ever tried to commit s-su-suicide?"

Hunk, Pidge, and Lance looked at each other with a scared expression on their faces. Keith soon glanced up and caught the vibe.

"What..?" Keith said.

Pidge sighed, "Lance..?"

Keith looked at the guy who was holding him. His pure blue eyes were gazing into his blue-grey ones.

Lance gave it up, "You know the top floor of the school? The roof?"

Now Keith was the one who looked scared, "N-No! You d-didn't!"

"I tried to... luckily, Hunk and Pidge helped me get down.."

Lance then grabbed the piece of bread he tore off. He made Keith open his mouth and placed it inside.

"Just chew it, okay?" Lance said as he distributed more of the loaf to the others.

Keith slowly closed his jaw and began to chomp. It was slow, but it was good. When he was done with that piece, Lance immediately put another one but in Keith's hand.

He guided his weak palm to his mouth and helped him eat. After eating small pieces of bread for 10 minutes, Keith soon got sleepy.

Keith sleepily spoke, "Hey... guys?"

The three of them looked at him.

Keith began to chuckle, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys what was happening..."

Pidge patted Keith's head, "It's fine, but next time, please tell us if anything's bothering you."

"For sure."

Pidge clutched her hand into a fist, "We have to have a talk with James..!"

Everyone looked determined. Suddenly, Keith squeezed Lance.

"Lance..." Keith mumbled.

"What's up bud?" Lance replied.

"Please don't torture yourself... and don't... please don't... think about suicide."

Lance sighed.

"I won't... but only if the others don't... including you. Especially you."

He held up his pinky finger in front of Keith's face. Then, Keith intertwined that finger with his own.

Keith softly spoke as he looked into Lance's eyes, "I promise I won't."