Makeup

3rd Person POV:

~Time Skip: 1 hour before the play started~

Keith put on his red costume and yellow crown. To his side was his fake sword. Red fabric was connected to his shoulders and flowed all the way down to his knees. A red vest with no sleeves covered his torso. The boots he wore were big and made him look 2 inches taller. His outfit was designed to make him look like a true Romeo.

Keith went outside his changing room to show Pidge and Shiro his transformation. He swung the curtain and put one foot in front of the other. He posed with his hand on his hip. He showed a charming smile.

Pidge complemented, "Woah! That outfit is gorgeous on you!"

Shiro stood up and adjusted a few pieces on the clothes. "Everyone is gonna love it!"

Keith chuckled, "Thanks, guys! The people who made this really did a great job! Where's yours, Pidge?"

The boy (who was once a girl) looked up. "Mine? Lance and Hunk have it. I decided to wait and look at your outfit then change into mine later."

"Speaking of Lance..." Keith spoke, "where is he?" He peered his head over a few objects.

"Hunk is putting makeup on him." Shiro reminded him, "He said that he has to have blush and should glow underneath the spotlight. If you wanna go see them, they're near the racks of clothing for the other actors."

~~~

~3 Minutes of Searching for Lance Later~

Keith was walking around the building. He towered over everything and looked in the aisles for the Cuban boy. But he was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, he passed one of the benches at the back of the room.

Lance was there and he looked stunning.

He wore the exact same outfit that Keith had on. Only it was blue and yellow instead of red and gold. There were some pieces of fabric that were showered in tiny amounts of glitter. The vest on Keith was replaced with a blue shirt that had hooks and small, fake chains. The only prop he had was a rose in his hand.

Lance looked like a model.

Just like Shiro had said, Hunk was putting powder on Lance. He was applying a few spots on his face with high lighter and blush. He blended some of it with the tip of his finger.

Keith walked towards Lance, "Beautiful," he smiled.

Lance looked at him confusingly, "But Hunk's not done covering my face..."

"I know," he sat down next to him.

The boy dressed in blue smiled brightly. 

"You are gonna shine tonight!" Hunk yelled with happiness. "Do you want me to put some on you, Keith?"

The boy shook his head, "I think I'm good, but thanks."

"Suit yourself!" Hunk blew on Lance's face then stood up. He picked up the containers of makeup, "I'll be right back with Pidge. I need his opinion on the shimmer." As the gentleman walked away, Lance laughed nervously.

Keith rested his head on his shoulder and held his boyfriend's hand. The two sat in loud silence and smiled. So many amazing thoughts raced in their heads. The more time they spent together, the more they blushed. They looked into each other's dreamy eyes and chuckled. 

"Who gave you permission to be so beautiful?" Lance laughed as he lifted his lover's head.

"Who gave you permission to be naturally charming?" Keith asked.

They stayed quiet for a couple more seconds grinning.

"Keith..?" Lance made him sit up.

The red man eyed him, "Yeah?"

"How've you been?"

"I've been okay, why are you asking?"

"Because I haven't been looking out for you. Lately, all I've been to you is cold. You don't deserve that... I should be better. If only I wasn't so pitiful and dull..."

Lance looked down at the floor and rubbed his eyes.

Keith lifted up his hand and turned his head, "Hey, look at me."

He did what he was commanded to do. Lance's eyes were a bit watery. He tried not to frown in front of someone he had just "fought" with.

Keith sat up and placed his mouth next to his ear. He whispered a couple of mysterious words then kissed him on the cheek.

Lance's eyes relaxed at the words he was told.

He immediately hugged him. He didn't want to let go and just needed to stay in place. His emotions sank slowly as Keith wrapped his arms around his neck. 

"I love you..!" Lance tried not to cry tears of joy.

"I know..." Keith giggled. He patted his back.

Lance nudged him and laughed. "You can be so cocky sometimes!"

"That's why you love me!" His lover said.

"I don't love you just for that reason silly! You're always so happy and bright... and your smile! The sun itself gets jealous, knowing it cannot shine ha-!"

"Shut up McClain! I cringe soooo much at that!"

"Why though? It's what brought us closer in the first place! Why be ashamed of our first bonding moment?"

"Because it's embarrassing! Unless you don't mind singing 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman' again..."

"Shhhh! we don't talk about that!"

They laughed and chuckled. Keith was having so much fun that he snorted a few times. Lance thought that that was adorable.

"GAYYYYYYYYYY!" Pidge pointed them.

He and Hunk snickered and burst into laughter. 

"SHUT UP HOLT!" Keith yelled.

Pidge turned to Lance, "Hunk... buddy... you didn't put enough high light. Oh! While we're at it, we should put some on Keith!"

Now, the couple was chuckling nervously... together this time.