Chapter Two

Hudson's POV

So currently I'm sitting in a limo heading to the airport to pick up the geek. I'm sitting next to my father, Aaron Diamante, who's currently sweet talking to my mother. I'd call my dad whipped, but he wouldn't take offense to it. He always talks about how important it is to have somebody to call your own; somebody to love.

I want that for myself one day. Not the 'love' that Janessa and I have -- or the kinds she says we have -- which just consists of sex, making out, and lust. My dad and mom always tell me how important that one person that understands you, that loves you unconditionally.

"Hudson? Are you good?" My twelve year old sister, Mia, asked. "You haven't said much throughout the ride."

"What -- Oh! Yeah, I'm good." I respond quickly. "Are you excited for this girl to come stay with us?" I ask, rubbing the back of my neck.

Right away a large smile grows onto her face, "Yes, I'm so excited! Its like I'll have a big sister for a year!" She squeals, obviously excited for the future with the girl.

"Do you know anything about her?" I ask. If we're going to pick up this girl, I want to know at least her name.

"Um, yeah; I know her name!" She looks off to the side trying to recall other things she knows about geeky.

Yes, I gave her a nickname. Get off my back!

"Well, what is it?" I egg her on, since when did I care so much?

"Okay! Okay! Sheesh, her name is Alannah." She smiles lightly, grabbing her latest KD Tech phone from her pocket, "Do you want to see a picture of her?"

"No! That's, that's, ok." I respond quickly.

She scrunches her eyebrows, "Okay well, are you excited?" She asks me, but paying attention to her penguin game.

"Yeah, well, I guess so." I lie, looking out the window seeing the airport signs approaching.

*

*

*

Currently we were standing next to the escalators waiting for her to come down. We have our body guards, guarding around us, keeping the cameras at bay.

I decide this was dumb, just standing and waiting. I get on my phone, and act like I'm texting so I don't look odd.

"Hudson, there she is, be nice." My mom says, dragging my attention from my phone to the top of the escalator.

"God damn."

Alannah's POV

Most people would be worried or scared of leaving their home. A new place, you have to make new friends, trust other people, build respect, become used to other places, but that's not me.

My life isn't all 'sunshine in rainbows' although whose is? I guess mine is just a little more -- shitty.

You see, I am an only child. I have no siblings to hate, none to force to do things, nobody to love. It's just my dad and me. My mother passed away while I was little.

No, my dad does not abuse me, like most cliche movies or books. He is just a little... different.

It's almost as if he forgot what love is like. I know what you're thinking. You can't forget what love is -- but trust me -- with my dad, you can. I am eighteen years old, mom died when I was two or so, meaning I have had no mom for sixteen years.