Chapter Twenty-Nine

"This has been my favourite place to go since I was a little tyke" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

A horse ranch. We're at a smelly horse barn. I turn to Hudson with my nose scrunched up. "Why did you bring me here?"

Hudson grins widely at me. "This has been my favourite place to go since I was a little tyke."

"Why?" I cross my arms, showing the confusion in my head.

He smirks in a friendly way, then steps forward to take my hand. "I'll show you!"

He guides me through the stables and introduces me to the stable hands that we pass. I focus on the interior of the barn seeing the ring, and loft, and the stalls. You could tell it was a fairly fancy barn, the riders dressed in fancy gear, and the tack the horses wear.

Hudson guides me to the last few sets of stalls in the stable.

I raise an eyebrow as he gestures to a large chestnut horse, with a white spot on his head. "This is Ferox." The horse raises his head from the hay he's eating at the sound of Hudson's voice. Ferox knocks his hooves on the door, whining, and nodding his head at Hudson. "I have had him since I was twelve years old. Mia's age."

Hudson starts to nod his head in pattern with his horse, making me giggle. "You seem very attached to him, and vice-versa."

"Yeah." Hudson rubs Ferox's nose before gesturing to the outside. "Come on, I still have two more horses to show you." My eyes widen before I follow Hudson. He grabs two leather leads from two of the stall doors and we exit the barn.

We walk over to the other side of the barn, Ferox following us out of his stall, and into the small gated area connected to it. Ferox snorts as we walk past him, I can tell he likes the attention.

Hudson guides me to a large pasture with four horses residing on the field. He whistles using his fingers, and all the horses walk over to us: a fully white one, a dapple-gray horse, a pony, and a bay coloured horse.

Hudson walked into the pasture and clicked the clasped on one of the horse's halters. The dapple-gray one. "This is Aphrodite." I rub the horse's neck and brush my fingers through her mane.

"Hi, Gorgeous," I say to the horse, who sneezes ruining the moment.

Hudson and I take the horse into the main barn, he puts Aphrodite in the stall next to Ferox. "There's one more horse I want to show to you." And we start off on another adventure. Hudson takes me out to the outdoor arena, which was gated by a white fence. There was a girl who looked no older than fifteen riding a large palomino horse. "Ally, this horse's name is Angel."

I looked to him and he showed a distant look in his eyes. "I've had her for around three years. She's sweet and easy to ride. I rent her out for lesson kids since she seems to love kids."

The trainer in the ring notices our presence. Well, Hudson's, "Hudson Diamante, is that you?" She says in an excited voice. "I haven't seen you in," She checks her watch, "One whole week. That must be a record for you!" She smiles, and walks up to us, but turns to the kid. "Let her cool down by walking around the ring three times."

"Hi Hannah," Hudson speaks after putting his arm around me. "This is my girlfriend, Ally."

Hold up. I seem to have forgotten when he asked me out. Even if he did, I would have said no. 

No I wouldn't.

I look to Hudson with an incredulous expression on my face. "What are you--" before I could finish he pressed his lips to mine in a peck, before looking back to the lady. My eyes are widened with a blush completing the freaked out look on my face.

Hudson clears his throat, "Yeah, my girlfriend... of recently." He adds. I roll my eyes subtly. I wrap my arm around Hudson's waist, ignoring the feel of his obleeks under his hoodie.

He tenses up at the feel of my hands on his form. As he continues to talk to Hannah I pinch his sides, making him flinch. I know his trigger spots.

I'm sneaky like that.

"Is something wrong Hudson?" Hannah asks as he subtly tries to remove my hand.

He clears his throat before responding. "No, nothing at all. So as I was saying..." I use my pointer finger to rub one of his ribs, making him move closer to me.

"Hudson what's going on?" Hannah looks around the ground seeing if something was wrong. "Did you get bit by something?"

Hudson answers his voice shaking. "Um, no. Nothing is wrong." Hudson grabs my hand on his side and laces his fingers through mine. He clears his throat once more.

"What's up Hudson? Is there something wrong with your throat, Love?" I tease, putting my other hand on his abs to continue my torture. And catch a feel.

I tickle his ribs more, making him grunt lowly. He moves his arm around me to take my other hand, keeping me from doing my job. "Nothing at all, Pumpkin." I frown on the inside. My hands are held captive. "Anyway we better be going, it was great seeing you, Hannah." Hudson drops one of my hands and uses the other to drag me away, back to the car park.

"I didn't even get to meet Angel." I pout, crossing my arms.

Hudson uses his first finger to peck my pouting lips. "You could have if you wouldn't have been so difficult," Hudson remarked.

I snorted but remained silent. I wonder if I should bring up the 'my girlfriend' thing or not. Eh... if it's not broken don't fix it.

We hop back into Hudson's car, and we slowly drive back down the gravel road. "What are we going to do now?" I look to Hudson. Seeing him shrug his shoulders gave me my answer.

"Movie night?" He suggested. I snort.

"We always have movie nights."

"Well, what do you want to do?" Hudson wonders aloud, raising his eyebrows.

I scoff, "Have a movie night! Duh!" Hudson sighs, then chuckles.

"Sounds good. Hey, how about we head over to the store and get a bunch of junk food?" He asks. I was about to respond but he stopped. "Oh, that uh, wasn't a question."

I laugh, shoving his shoulder as we pulled into the nearby grocery store.

*

*

*

We exited the store, with me present in the shopping cart eating a bag of sweets. Hudson continues complaining about how I'm 'going to eat it all' but we bought three bags of all the sweets, crisps, and biscuits.

"Ally gets out of the cart so we can put the food into the trunk." He huffs. I follow his request, after stretching my arms and legs out.

We move the bags of eatables from the cart to the car, and then Hudson has the balls to tell me to 'put the cart away.' This is maddening. I don't even have the energy to walk from the kitchen to the couch.

I push the cart, whispering my protests and insults to Hudson under my breath. I pass this large pickup truck, which looks to be a little run down. I enter the cart in between the rails and make my way back to Hudson's car.

But when I pass the pickup truck, I hear sounds and I make the choice of looking into the truck. My eyes widen in realization. I yell, "Hudson!"

----------

I have cheer every day from 7:30-1:00, then on Thursday we're going to a Uni to do a cheer camp for four days, then I'll be traveling all the way across the Earth for holiday. Fun.

What's going on?

What did Ally find in the car?

Why did Hudson call Alannah his 'Girlfriend?'

Teaser: I warn before throwing the rock and shattering the window -??

10/06/19 - Happy Reading! -Bri xxo