Chapter Nine

Alannah's POV

I wake up on my own accord this time. The sun is seeping through my windows creating a natural light. I get up to go to the bathroom and grab my phone. It reads 3:21 pm. I look at my phone shocked, but then I remembered that I fucked up my sleeping schedule.

Once I finish my business, I turn on the shower which was kind of confusing because they had an odd shower, the kind with a touchpad that has buttons of: how hot you want it, or how much force the water cascades down uses. I brought in my shower things, such as my favorite shampoo and conditioner which smells like vanilla and body wash that smells like cashmere.

I walk into my closet and put on a quick outfit, I don't have many summer clothes, but I brought the ones I do have. I heard this place doesn't have a winter, or when they do its like seventy degrees outside. I change into some ripped jean shorts, and a large sweatshirt with London written across the chest area. That's all because who am I trying to impress?

I dried my hair and left it the straight way it is. And as for makeup I put on bronzer because unlike all the people living here, I look like a snowman. Then I add blush and mascara. Finally I decide to go downstairs and find people.

Last night, Mia showed me many rooms. I said how their house was like a maze, so she took it upon herself to show me around. I walked down the staircase, and into the family kitchen area. I found nobody, but I continued.

After about ten minutes of finding nobody, I still am not successful. I'm just going to walk back into my room and sleep, those ten minutes wore me out.

I took a five minute nap then I decided to work on my music put songs together to see what sounded good. A knock sounded throughout my room after an hour of playing. It's almost five-thirty right now, and nobody has talked to me or come up to my room for that matter.

I take off my beat headphones and rest them around my neck. I turn to the now open door to see Peyton standing in the frame. "Hey Al, I just realized that I hadn't come to say hello today."

"Your fine, it gave me some extra time to work on my music."

Peyton walks over and sits on my nicely made up bed. "So, I was thinking about what we should do at this time of day. Since we have nothing planned I was wondering if you wanted to do anything."

Instantly the beach pops up in my mind. I had been thinking about it since the first time we passed it on the way to school. "I actually was wondering if we could go to the beach. If it isn't an issue, of course."

"It's no problem. That idea had come across my mind, so I'll check and see if Hudson or Mia want to come. I know Mia will, but Hudson might be a little more difficult." She responds to me, and just like that, she was gone.

I walked over to my window and gaze at the view. I reckon I have the best view. I can see the back gardens and the ocean if I look far enough. Sometimes its good to just relax and watch nature. It calms me.

A buzz from my desk knocks me out of my daze. I walk over and pick up my KPhone.

We're going to the beach, leaving in 5. Hurry or we're leaving without you. Hudson texts, I see he decided to come along.

Thanks... I guess. I respond, it's not like this was my idea or anything.

Yep. That's the end of it. I scroll back up to the previous texts we had at the steak house. I faintly smile at the nickname he has given me. He has given me multiple nicknames and 'geeky' wasn't the most nice, but I still love nicknames. I have always loved nicknames.