Chapter Seventeen

"I wanted to make sure he wasn't a robot!" -Ally Parker

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

It was now Monday, and I was fully regretting my decision to go to that party. My Instagram was now filled with new followers -- a bunch of guys -- and many people from school now are eager to find out if Hudson and I are really dating.

I was wearing some ripped jeans, a t-shirt, and some Adidas Superstars. It was times like this where I wished that I was a high school dropout.

I was up until three am this morning finishing my English essay. Let me tell you how much I don't care about Hamlet. I was supposed to study the writing but I'm extremely lazy and didn't want to, so I decided that the reasonable thing to do was to watch The Lion King. I hope that gives me enough information to be able to pass, but y'know Hakuna Matata.

Hudson is taking me to school today, so I walk over to his room and knock on the door. It takes a few seconds, but he opens the door and exits his room. He smiles at me and without talking puts his arm over my shoulder and we start to go downstairs.

He's been more touchy lately and I can't say that I'm upset about it, but I am confused. He's not touchy in a boyfriend-girlfriend way but I'm not stupid and I know friends don't touch each other like this.

I hop in the passenger seat of the car, and Hudson begins to speak as we exit the garage. "So, I have a game this week where there's a ballet for 'King of the Field.' Its like prom king, but for football. I was nominated and I wanted to know if you would be my escort." I'm not surprised that he was nominated, he deserves it. Hudson is the best player on that team.

I look to him questioning. "What would I do as your escort?" I turn on the radio and switch the station to pop music.

"It's not very complicated. You would wear my jersey, sit on a bench while watching the football game, then walk up with me when I win." He says with a cocky smirk.

"Why do you always have your head stuck up your ass?" I ask jokingly. "And who says I want to be your escort, rich boy?"

He chuckles, "It's mandatory, you aren't allowed to say no." He plays with the steering wheel, tapping his fingers to the beat of the song.

I raise my eyebrows, and pop my knuckles; not in a dangerous way, but in a fidgeting way. "Am I allowed to ask why?"

He looks into my eyes when we're stopped at a light. He's going to make the car go rolling like a cinnamon roll. "It's where I'm going to profess my undying love for you, then describe all the different ways I stole your heart." A car honks behind us making us notice the now green light.

I snort, "I'll be your escort but if you really want to know how to win my heart, buy me food."

*

*

*

I walked in the school with Hudson and Tanner at my sides and we all walked to first hour together. I took Janessa's spot again with no intention to move because nobody cares what she thinks. Except for the whole school. When she finally enters the room Janessa looks to me, huffs and takes her spot in front of Hudson.

Once the class was over I was the last to leave the room, with Janessa on my tail.

"Ally." She calls, I turn around to face her, her face emotionless. "I heard Hudson asked you to be his escort to the game this week." She states.

My face twitches into a state of shock and confusion. "How did you know about that?"

"It doesn't matter, look I just wanted to say that--" I stopped paying attention there. I think about the type of person Janessa is, and I don't really want to hear her empty threats. I think that if she bleached her black hair to blonde and became a little nicer, she would be just like Regina George.

"Stop making that face at me!" She remarks, her perfect brows bending to show frustration. I hate the fact that she's so pretty, why do all the beautiful girls feel superior over others?

I shake my head softly. "I'm sorry Ness, I just can't control what my face looks like when I talk to you."

She scoffs looking more offended than she should, "Well aren't you full of sarcasm."

I tilt my head, "Whoever said it was sarcasm?" I turn away from her and walk further from her.

Kelly walks up to me, bumping into my side. "Hey babe, why were you talking to Janessa? She's a bitch." Kelly crosses her arms in shock.

I shrug my shoulders, "Talking to egotistical idiots boosts my self-esteem." I look to her as she laughs at my joke.

She looks over her shoulder to find Janessa. "If only closed minds came with closed mouths." Kelly turns back around and starts to play on her phone. Her head pops back up with excitement, "I heard that you were going to do King of the Field with Hudson!"

I scrunch my eyes, "How do people know this? We made the plans an hour ago!" I respond. I bump into a guy on accident, apologized and kept walking. Kelly started to laugh at me but I justified my moment, "What? I wanted to make sure he wasn't a robot!"

"Is he?"

"I think so, maybe I should go and smack into him again to make sure." She chuckles as we part ways to get to our other classes.

*

*

*

We were currently at lunch, I took a seat between Hudson and Tanner making conversation with Tanner.

"Damn, I wanted to take you as my escort!" He exclaims.

I chuckle, "Sorry, my schedule is full. Maybe to Prom." He chuckles and Hudson buts in.

"No, I have that reserved as well." I turn in my chair to face Hudson.

"I should start charging you since you keep claiming that I'm always going to be your date to things. Think of how much money I could make being a paid escort! That's how a lot of 'love at first sight' happens." I ramble on.

"Really?" Tanner asks.

I cross my arms, "No, but it totally could happen!"

Hudson joins in the conversation, "No it wouldn't. That's like a one in a million chance."

Hudson and Tanner begin to converse going back and forth. I look over to watch Hudson, noticing the lipstick stain on his neck and messed up hair. Showing he tried to destroy the evidence, but it didn't work. I turn to the other end of the table and Janessa is watching me, smirking.

I know that I've always fantasized about Hudson, so being jealous over the fact he and Janessa are still hooking up isn't surprising. I play with my fingers, with a frown present on my face. I feel an arm being placed over my shoulders, and Hudson's voice not long after.

"Why so glum, chum?" Normally I would smile at the nickname, but this isn't a happy moment for me. I shrug my shoulders.

"I just miss home, is all." I cover up my sadness with a lame excuse. Hudson nods gently at me and pulls me closer to his side. I stopped trying to question his touching when I noticed there were also marks on his lips. A week ago, I would have been so happy knowing Hudson and I were friends.

But I'm an overachiever and 'friends' isn't good enough for me anymore. I want more. 

----------

Hey. Thanks for 100 reads by the way. It doesn't seem like much, but for a starting author each step of the way is a huge milestone for me. Thanks especially to the people who read all the chapters through, even the really boring ones (I know I have a lot of those haha). 

Will Ally reach her goal?

How will win football king?

Is Janessa going to do something stupid to stake her claim on Hudson?

Teaser: the competition of King of the Field is on

Thanks for Reading! -Brielle xox