Chapter Forty

"Guess what, dad, your opinion doesn't matter" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S P O V

I was standing at my vanity, looking in the mirror while applying the last swipe of lipstick. Hudson told me we were going to the country club. We will be eating in the dining room so I need to be all fancy-schmancy. Yes, I did say fancy-schmancy.

I haven't ever told anyone this, but I'm secretly a five year old.

I was wearing a black, one-sleeve dress with black heels. I had my hair straightened with makeup on with accessories.

I hear a metal screech against the floor and I look to my side to see Humphrey pushing around his metal bowl on the floor, spilling water in the process. Hudson had lunch with a friend today and so I had the time to go out and get this dress. Merry Christmas to me.

I never thought hard about what I should have brought here. I mostly brought casual stuff and one fancy outfit, but people wear my type of fancy every day. So it's a bit of a problem. I never really cared to wear nice things back in Manchester because I didn't care and I was depressed and creativity deprived.

I know that Hudson returned around two hours ago but we haven't spoken since earlier during my hurricane of tears. I heard the door open and in walked... Tyson?

Humphrey started running circles around the new guy in the room and jumping at his feet. Tyson chuckled and picked the puppy up in his arms. He was dressed in a sweater over his white, collared shirt. With denim jeans and brown, suede boots. "Ally, you're taking too long, we're all waiting for you."

I take a second to reply either from the embarrassment of having everyone waiting on you or Tyson coming through my door. I guess Tyson was the one Hudson had lunch with.

"What are you doing here, Tyson?" I ask, spritzing perfume out of the bottle and onto my wrists.

"What do you mean 'what are you doing here?'" He answers in a high pitch voice. "I'm coming with you to dinner."

I step out of the bathroom and look around before staring at Tyson holding my dog. "Why?"

"I had no plans. Hudson also told me that you have a fucked-up relationship with your dad and I'm here to give advice."

I don't show more emotion than the annoyance I have, he told him? That dick.

"Now before you bust a vein in your head," Tyson responded poking my temple, "Hudson didn't tell me you had a toxic relationship, I figured it out on my own."

I feel slight relief but also sadness at the thought of calling my family toxic, even though it may be a reality. I clear my throat and grab my phone off the vanity. "Shall we go, y' know before your sweater gets wrinkly," I smirk as I leave the room.

I look back when I'm at the doorway, to see Tyson smoothing down his sweater. He looks up and looks me up and down. "You're just jealous of my ass." He says before walking out of the room with his nose in the air.

*

*

*

The restaurant is nice. The air smells like money, the food portions are small, the drinks are carbonated and served in wine glasses. Everything an overpriced restaurant needs! My father is sitting on my left while Hudson is on my right. Tyson is sitting next to him and Peyton, Aaron, and Mia are all sitting across from us.