Chapter Twenty-Seven

"They always let one artist sing" -Mercedes Carter

----------

A L L Y  ' S  P O V

I'm scared. I'm a girl from a small family, with little friends, and a big dream. I didn't ever think that I would end up here. In a limo, with a billion dollar family, on my way to a very exclusive gala that many people would dream to attend.

Hudson noticed I was nervous and held my hand in his, his way of comfort in front of everyone else. In private we would most likely be hugging or watching a movie. We had gotten a little closer over these past few months.

Just a little.

We start to pull up to a large luxury hotel. The limo drives up to the drop-off area, which had a red carpet covering the sidewalk and gates keeping the paparazzi from getting too close.

Aaron looks out at the crowd of cameramen then looks to me, smiling reassuringly. I must be easy to read.

A worker in a suit comes over and opens up the car door. Aaron got out first, everyone made a large cheer when he stepped out. Once Peyton stepped out with him, Aaron puts his hand on her back leading her to the front door. Mia flashes me a grin, then hops out the limo. She raises both her arms in the air, waving to the crowd and smiling brightly.

Hudson scoots us over closer to the door and kisses my head lightly. "You'll be fine, Geeky." He smiles gently and steps out the limo. I hear the most cheers at his entrance.

He sticks his hand out for me to take. I take it and he pulls me the rest of the way out. I was shocked to hear people cheer for me too. Someone actually made a sign that said, 'I ship #Hudlannah.'

Hudson wraps his arm around my waist whispering, "Smile Al, this will be all over social media." Following instructions, I smile showing off my glistening white teeth.

When we walked up to the paparazzi, I sucked in my stomach and flashed my rehearsed smile. People were asking the normal questions:

"When will you two become official?"

"Alannah, are you going to get a record label?"

"Hudson, do you love Alannah?"

"Are you using Hudson for money?"

I slowly exhale at the last question, Hudson rubs his thumb in circles on my side in comfort. I smile looking into his eyes as he looks into mine. When I turned I heard many 'awe' and more clicks from the cameras.

We entered the building quickly as we exited the red carpet. I let out a sigh of breath once off the carpet. Hudson chuckled at my dramatics.

Is that a word?

As all of us walk more into the party, I feel more and more self-conscience. There are really important people here. People, I would go up and ask a picture for in real life.

We make our way to a table that had everyone's name on it. I was seated next to Hudson and Mercedes Carter. I'm sitting next to Mercedes Carter.

One of the most famous singers there are. Oh shit.

We all take a seat and I try to shield myself away from Mercedes because I'm scared to talk to her. Until Aaron chooses to screw up my plan.

"Mercedes, have you met Ally? She's a really good artist." I look at Aaron wide-eyed. He gives me a look that says 'you'll thank me later.'