Chapter Forty-Three

"Oh my god" -Ally Parker

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

'Embarrassment.' Noun. The feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness. That was one-tenth of what I was feeling right now.

'Scandal.' Noun. An action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.

Life sucks. Especially when the worst of things happen and you have no control over the matter. You always have to stay in the mindset that life isn't perfect and you will make mistakes.

Although this wasn't my mistake. This wasn't my doing, yet it's become my problem. Sad how things turn out isn't it? It's upsetting that they believed they could play me like this. I thought I could trust them. Everyone I trust ends up being a shitty person.

- E A R L I E R  T H A T  D A Y -

I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, and ate breakfast fairly quickly. I was late, however, that wasn't my fault. It was my alarm clock fault that it doesn't have the balls to wake me up in time. Some things in life are just huge disappointments; like my alarm clock.

I was wearing a mustard coloured sweatshirt, light wash skinny jeans and tan boots. My hair was it's naturally straight hair, and I had some slight makeup.

I see Hudson briefly as I stroll through the kitchen to grab a nutrition bar. I didn't have time to talk, I had to make it to Freshman band practice that I'm still teaching. Hudson got off his chair and walked over to me from where I was still looking for a cereal bar. He kissed my head, said, "Good morning," and walked away. After looking for a hot minute to find a bar, I just decided that I'll eat with Austin in the school cafe.

I jump in my car, turning on the vehicle as soon as I can and driving quickly to school. This is not the best situation to be in. I'm in a somewhat foreign country, speeding through people, breaking fifteen laws at a time. It's fine.

Once I decide that it's too late and it didn't matter anymore, I stopped my thug-life actions and slowed down on the road. The car beeped at my speeding on the road, saying, "You're at a dangerous level of speed, please slow down." But I'm sure it's just being dramatic.

No cop, no stop.

I arrived at the school, late, but Austin didn't hold it against me. There's nothing more upsetting when you speed past six cars -- three of which honked at me for being so reckless, I sped twenty over the speed limit, for nothing. How disappointing.

Austin and I ate breakfast together, but he seemed pretty awkward the whole time. He brought up Hudson but while talking about him and he seemed like he was physically in pain. I changed the subject to soccer, which made him more relaxed. I don't understand what's going on with him today.

When we were on the field with the marching band, he let me borrow his hoodie again, since it was cold. He told me I could keep it considering he brings it just for me since he knows I will forget. Once again their 'cold' is like the high sixties. Whatever.

*

*

*

The day went on normally: I said, "Hi," to people in the halls, copied the guy next to me's homework, Tyson bullied me, Tanner and I got drinks during our free period, and I enjoyed the only period I had with Hudson; lunchtime.

The last few periods of the day were the most awkward. People-- EVERYONE looked at me in the hallways. I felt like people were whispering about me but I'm really self-conscious so I don't know. Everyone in the classroom would either not talk to me, or avoid eye contact whenever they could. Some people couldn't even look at me without blushing or fidgeting or doing something that showed their awkwardness and weirdness.