Chapter Twenty-Four

"I'm waiting for my prize" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S P O V

After one hour of talking and having a blast with Kiah, I decided that I should go in before I get skin cancer. Walking up to my room, I see Hudson's door positioned right open; which tells me he isn't in there. I turn to my door and twist the knob pushing the wood open. Everything was as it should be, other than the three boxes taking up space on my bed.

I fast-walk over to the boxes and find a note residing on top of the large box.

'I picked this out because I thought it would compliment your eyes and hair. That and mom already picked out everything. -Hud.' The sides of my lips raised while reading the note.

I opened the first box, revealing a beautiful white and gold short dress. One that cinched my waist and flowed out afterward. The top piece was mostly white with gold accents and the waist had a belt that was the same color and decoration.

After observing the dress for multiple minutes, I get into the second largest box. The result showed a pair of sparkly gold and white Jimmy Choo heels, they looked to be about three inches high and really expensive. They matched perfectly with the dress.

The last thing I realized was that the last box was, in fact, two smaller boxes. One held a geometric clutch, and the second had a lovely gold and pearl bracelet with dangling drop-shaped earrings.

My face was hot from the surprise and I was shocked they spent so much money on me. I brought my phone out from my pocket to talk to Hudson about the expense of everything.

So basically Hudson rejected any chance I had of returning the gorgeous outfit. He said how he could afford a million of those outfits and it didn't matter to him. He just wanted me to feel loved.

Here I am in front of my mirror, having Mia do my hair because according to her, "I suck at hair." I thought that curling your hair was fancy, well apparently it isn't. Now she's braiding some of my hair into a braid crown. The end result is gorgeous though, half of my golden locks are in a braid, meeting in the middle. The other half rests curled on my shoulders.

I slipped on the white dress, heels, and accessories. I look in the mirror not recognizing myself. Mia had to leave to get seats with her parents, so I'm now all alone. My eyes start to water not because of me being alone, but the fact that I look like my mum.

One of the pictures that I treasure of my mum is her on her prom night standing in a white ball gown, with gold details

One of the pictures that I treasure of my mum is her on her prom night standing in a white ball gown, with gold details. Not real gold, but she made everything look like she bought it from the most expensive designers and brands. I've always wanted to be just like her.

I pull myself together and blink the tears away. I smooth out the wrinkles of the dress that weren't there, I just like to waste time.

It isn't my fault that time doesn't agree with my amount of laziness.

I open the door to go find Hudson and win this contest.

We were all standing in the same place and at the same time as two days ago. When all this started. It was Hudson and me, Tyson and his date, then a junior named Milo and his date. They were about to call out our names which was really taking a toll on Hudson. He was really nervous about not making King of the Field.

The announcer whose name has yet to be known introduces the whole contest and what will go down tonight. Basically saying 'tonight will reveal the winner and afterward was when the yearbook and school take pictures of the King of the Field for the wall of winners.

"Now time for your top three players!" He announces with his charismatic voice. Hudson's hand is gripping mine tightly, him squeezing lightly every few seconds. I take my hand rubbing it up and down his arm, showing him that everything will be okay. I give a quick kiss to his cheek which he responds with a kiss on my temple.

Cute.

He starts to call the names and we end up going out last, which gave me more time to calm down Hudson. "Hudson Diamante and Ally Parker!" He calls, I have to give Hudson a nudge to make him move his feet.

As we walk out onto the grass of the field, Hudson moves his hand from mine to wrap his arm around my waist. He pulls me right against his side, smiling his fake smile. Even though his fake smile is really nice, I prefer his real smile.

We hear the clapping and screaming from the audience, making a smile pop onto my face. There are signs which have their favorite candidate across the board, and flashes all over the audience.

After five minutes of saying how much all of us deserve the award, he finally gets handed the letter and gestures over to us.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I am proud to announce that the 20th annual King of the Field and 1st Queen of the Field is..." He opens the letter, with silence hanging through the air. "Hudson Diamante and Ally Parker!" He swings his arm in our direction as the crowd screams. I didn't expect them to be so into this, especially not making signs and screaming.

Hudson doesn't wait long before he wraps me up in his arms saying, "I did it!" over and over to himself. I wrap my arms around his neck realizing they were shaking. He laughs excitedly to himself before swinging me around for what seems the hundredth time.

After we came down from the initial excitement of winning, the announcer comes over with the three judges and they all shake our hands. Afterward, they hand both him and I a trophy, his saying 'King of the Field' with a large 'Twenty' in the background. Mine said 'Queen of the Field' with a large 'One' behind it.

We took a few pictures of us for the hallway, some with just him, some with just me, and some with us together. Aaron, Peyton, and Mia all came over to congratulate us both, Aaron was really proud of his son. They even got a picture of them together saying that they were 'Legacies.'

We were going to meet up with them for dinner after this, but Hudson kept me back. There were few people still on the field. Around thirty at most, the picture people for the newspaper and yearbook were mostly gone except for two, the judges have all left, and most of the crowd is gone too.

"Hudson we're going to be late for dinner!"

He walks over with his hand in mine to the middle of the field. "I'm waiting for my prize." He turns me to face him eye to eye.

"Prize? What prize--" Before I can finish my word, Hudson pulls me in for a kiss.

I feel sparks fly and cameras flash as if they knew this would happen. He wraps his arms around my waist, and I slip my hands through his hair. His lips mold against mine and although our tongues don't meet, the kiss was still really powerful. One of his hands run up my back to cup my neck, and I gently pull his hair making a sound come from his throat.

This definitely wasn't in the plan.

----------

School's officially over! Finally! 😄😄

What will happen next with Hudson and Ally?

Will their relationship change soon?

Does Hudson feel the same way towards Ally?

Teaser: "I'm a Professional Cuddler" -??

26/05/19 - Happy Reading! -Brielle xxo