Chapter Seven

Ally's POV

All I can see is black around us, "You good?" I squint my eyes, staying silent for a second. "Parker?"

"How long do I have to live until you're going to hang me by my toes and use me as a punching bag?" I ask him, removing my arm from his grasp.

Tanner chuckles, "Park, I'm not going to kill you or 'use you as a punching bag' as you say." I hear footsteps, and all of a sudden the lights switch on with a flick.

My eyes close from the sudden light around the room, once I open my eyes I see we're in a room full of treats. I look to him confused, but he just smirks. "Is this some Hansel and Gretel remake thing?" I cross my arms and walk to the sour punch straws. "Because if it is, can I get a phone call?"

Tanner runs his hand through his beautifully messy hair, and laughs loudly. "I'm not going to kill, torture, cook, or rape you!" He laughs.

"Well, I never brought raping up, so I'm just going to stay on this side of the room and you can stay on that side." Tanner laughs and looks to his feet. I pop a blue-raspberry sour straw in my mouth.

He walks over to where I'm standing and takes one of my candies, "I brought you here because you didn't eat lunch and neither did I. Plus now we're in a room full of food because of the football game tonight." He walks over to one corner and picks up an aluminum foiled thing out of the container labeled 'hot dogs.' "What do you want: hotdog, pizza, pretzel, nachos, pickles?"

I continue eating my candy, "No thank you, I'm good -- wait, they have nachos?" I look straight at him, and he chuckles and nods his head up and down.

*

*

*

Now Tanner and I were sitting next to each other on the ground with a lot of food surrounding us. "Now, I may not go to many American football games, but aren't you supposed to pay for all this food?" I look at him suspiciously.

Tanner smirks, "I'm on the football team, I make this school more money than a few dollars." He brags and lifts an eyebrow, "Besides they won't blame it on me, they'll blame it on the people working the concession stand tonight."

"Ok then," I take a bite of my pickle, the sour taste filling my mouth.

"Why did you leave the Cafeteria? Was it because of the things Hudson said or when we were arguing?" He asks, eating his second hotdog.

I sighed, focusing on my food, "It just became a lot." I shrug one shoulder, looking at Tanner. "Hudson has been difficult for the entire time I've been here and sometimes he's not awful, but he never fails to let me know how much he doesn't want me here. Plus it's a new day at school, with new people, new classes, and I really just didn't expect what Hudson said to Tyson. I literally didn't say or do anything and he already hates me. On another note, I used to go to a private academy so this school and population of it, is terrifying." I cross my legs in front of me, eating another chip.

The room is completely silent, you can't hear the birds outside and you probably can't hear the bell ring either, so that can't be good. I look to Tanner to find him lost in thought, staring off into space. I snap my fingers in front of his face, "Tanner."

He just looks to me, "I'm sorry Parker, I know it must be really hard to transfer schools let alone transfer with different people -- in another country." He runs his fingers through his hair, "But about Hudson, you need to give him a chance. I know he seems like the devil reincarnated right now, but he's the coolest guy I know. He's just thick skinned. Give him time to warm up." Tanner pats my thigh, and stands up. I look at him confused. I slowly stand up, and help Tanner pick up the trash.