Chapter Eleven

Alannah's POV

We got home about two hours ago. Since then I have just been in my room studying and working on music. I have also done a lot of thinking in this time period. About why I always have a craving for pizza and Hudson.

The pizza one isn't really relevant, it's just I was watching a video about the 'Largest Pizza in the World' and not only did it make me hungry, but it also made me think. I guess I have thought about more things in these two hours. I have thought about my teachers, and the students around me. Like when the teachers do things that annoyed. For example when I'm working on my English assignment and I'm almost finished, but then they make us turn off our chrome books. I realize how much I overthink things.

You may think all this is pointless, but the end result of all my thinking is... maybe I've just been overthinking it with Hudson. Who says he's ignoring me or his family, he might just be busy with people.

A part of me also feels that I'm overdoing it with Hudson. I shouldn't be pushing him to tell me all of his secrets if I won't even tell him mine. I mean come on, I'm a transfer student. I'll only be here for a year then I'll be back to the UK.

The thought makes me sad. Although I haven't made many friends yet in Los Angeles, I don't want to go back to Manchester; to everyone else. I accepted this opportunity to get away and have a chance, I don't want to ruin that.

I remove the black-gloss Beat headphones that I actually got myself for my birthday last year. You have to treat yourself at your own times. I click save on the music software, and put away my mess. I look around my room, with the curtains closed and the lights off. It's dark, but that's how I like it.

I walk over to the light switch and flick it on. I look around the clean-ish room. It's such a shame that such a nice room has me to reside in it. I'm very grateful, but I'm also pretty messy!

I decide to pick up the dirty clothes off the ground and into the hamper. I'll do the rest later.

I exit my room, and walk downstairs to hear complete silence. 'Hudson's away game,' I remember. They must be there watching him play. I walk around the house to find the kitchen, and got a bag of Doritos. Once I got a snack, I walked back up the stairs and into my room.

Which is still messy.

*

*

*

Knocking sounds are circling throughout my room. I open my sleepy eyes, and look around to my phone charging on my bedside table; 6:45 am. The knocking continues, and I pull the covers off of my legs. I make it to the door, and open it to see Peyton?

Hudson can't even bare to wake me up anymore. "Peyton?" I ask, my voice coming out rapsy. I switch on the lights.

"Good morning Ally, I just wanted to make sure you're awake. Here's this by the way." She hands me a small box, then smiles happily. Happier than normal. Odd. I

I close the door, and walk into my bathroom to shower, and put on makeup. I add some makeup on my face which will no doubt clog my pores and give me acne, but it's worth it for the time being. Then I exit the bathroom and enter my closet. I put on a tank top and jean shorts, then some jewelry to make it look like I actually care. I left the small box resting on my bed. My feet make they're way to the box, and I pick it up in my ring clattered hands.

I opened it up to see an external hard drive, that has never opened before and a pair of car keys. I forgot how I have an hour zero today... well that's just peachy.