Last Chapter

"Welcome back, Ally" -Mercedes Carter

----------

A L L Y ' S P O V

Walking off the plane and into the familiar airport, multiple different emotions overcome me. Fear of being rejected again. Happiness to see my friends and Hudson of course. Anxiety for the overwhelming feelings to finally go away. Hope for Peyton and Aaron not to hate me.

I got a text from Mercedes about fifteen minutes before the plane landed giving a detailed description of where she was waiting for me. I grabbed my small suitcase from the overhead compartment. I brought a small suitcase because I didn't want to have to work longer to be able to afford to check my bag in.

I exited the gate, checking my phone for the time. Although I was on the plane for a good nine and a half hours the time difference was drastic. It was eight forty-five in the morning right now a full day ahead of me. I made it to the balcony with a glass railing that had the escalators connected to floor to floor. Her text had issued her standing by the large wall of windows and a plant with a clear vase holding it. She also mentioned she was standing next to three vending machines and the entrance to the hallways full of restaurants.

Hudson posted a picture for my birthday and that my flight more bareable.

Very detailed explanation.

I made my way down the escalator, finding the spot she was standing. I see her long, black hair and I walk fast over there. She gets off her phone once she notices somebody walking towards her.

A large smile grows on her face, "Welcome back, Ally!" When I get close enough she wraps one arm around me and pulled me into a warm hug. Once she releases me she swipes the sunglasses off her face, "you ready?"

I shrug, internally shuttering. "Uh, yeah, I guess so."

She scoffs, "It'll be great," Mercedes exclaims as she puts her glasses back on. She grabs my suitcase handle from my hand and starts walking without me and digging in her purse. She reaches back to give me a pair of sunglasses.

"Uh, thanks?"

"There's a crowd developing ever since people saw you go to the airport." She announces. "Then people expected me to be picking you up since we know each other."

I scrunch my eyebrows, "And what if I wasn't coming to LA?"

"Then you would have a lot of disappointed fans and paparazzi."

"Why?"

"Well-" She gets cut off as we get to the exit, passing many different people snapping pictures and asking questions.

How long have you two been friends?

Why did you come back, Alannah?

Does Hudson know you're here?