Chapter Six

Alannah's POV

I walk into the lunch room, seeing everyone walking all over the place.

I didn't eat breakfast, but I normally don't anyway. I normally don't eat any lunch because I took these pills for reasons, and they got rid of my hunger during the beginning part of the day. I stand awkwardly by the entrance, but I see Hudson and Tanner, with the some of the other guys and girls from first hour.

I walk over there, hoping not to deal with Hudson's wrath, he's been pretty silent over the last few classes. When I get close enough, Hudson spots me and visibly sighs. I stop for a few seconds, wondering whether or not to actually take the steps to the table.

I stood there awkwardly, with my eyes locked with his. I can hear people rumbling about the most different of things, football, the weather, holidays, sex. Students are rumbling through the lunch line, grabbing food and clunking their trays against the person next to them's tray.

The awkwardness wasn't long lived however because once again, Tanner calls me over. Accepting the invitation, I walk over in confidence, my heels hitting the floor in a straight line.

I walk up playing with my bracelets on my wrist. "Hey Tanner, hi Hudson." I tell them, getting their attention. Tanner smiles, and Hudson just nods in acknowledgment. I walk around to sit at the end of the table with one seat on each side of me. Tanner takes one, and Hudson actually leaves his spot to sit in the chair next to me.

Mixed signals.

Not much later, three girls come up to the table. One happens to be the girl from earlier, and there are two others one with red hair and one with brown hair. The most odd thing about them was that, they were wearing the same thing: jean shorts, a crop top, hoop earrings, and heels. They were all wearing heavy makeup. Although it looked good, it seems they try too much to be perfect. All of them were really pretty though.

I'd imagine them with perfect white teeth and a beautiful smile, but I couldn't really tell because all three of them were scowling at me. "What are you doing here?" The one in the middle - Janessa I think her name was - said. I roll my eyes, sighing heavily.

"I'm sitting down at a lunch table, what do you think I'm doing? Milking cows?" I respond, taking out my phone to play Candy Crush. She says things to me, but I don't care to listen. She's so angry she's steaming out of her ears. This girl is short tempered.

Janessa ends up taking a seat next to Hudson, and before I can even blink, her lips were on his. Hudson was shocked, but kisses her back nonetheless. I turn my head away from the scene, feeling uncomfortable. I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

A lean tall guy walks to the table. Tanner says a greeting, and they start to have conversation. I never know what to do when I feel lonely. Sometimes I'll act like I'm texting on my phone, or I put in my headphones, or sometimes I say, 'sorry I have to call my dad' or something along those lines.

I didn't think this is how my first day would be, I thought that I would either end up meeting mean girls who look perfect but are evil on the inside, or eat lunch in a bathroom stall. Of course I did get my imagination from Mean Girls, but that's beside the point.

I look around the room, seeing people eating, or talking, some looking at this table. I can see people's mouths moving, making assumptions, gossiping, or some would be nice. The thing about high school is the fact that -- even if you don't want to believe it -- gossiping happens. Quite a lot at my old school in fact. It just makes things interesting.

I feel a tap on y shoulder, so I turn my body to face the guy that just walked in. "You're new." He said, with a sloppy smile on his face.

"Yeah," I say, responding to him stating the obvious. "I'm Ally." I tell him, I have said those two words enough for a lifetime.