Chapter Twenty-Three

"It's fine, I don't have a social life anyway" -Kiah Hall 

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

Life is unfair.

I'll tell you why since -- in my head -- it was going to be so simple. I come to Los Angeles as a transfer student. I end up becoming famous for my music. And finally, I'll get picked to be one of the singers at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

What? I heard they get gift baskets!

None of that involved having a crush. None of that involved Hudson Diamante.

This guy had been an asshole, a sweetheart, and my crush in all of one month. And I don't know how to handle it! Although Hudson has been a self-absorbed prick, after our argument and him disappearing off the face of the Earth, he's not totally hateable. In fact, he's really sweet.

He bought me ice cream yesterday! That's a guy to keep tight.

During our arguments when I first arrived here, even though I kept denying it, Hudson in some aspect was correct about one thing. I'm not going to be in America forever. Even though I'm definitely lasting more than one month, I'm going home in only eight more months.

That thought made me really upset. I have a family, who cares more about their twins than me. All they want me for is a taxi to take the twins to their activities. The only one there that truly loves me is my father, and I'm still not sure about his love.

I know he cares about me, deep down, but I can't be treated like a servant for the rest of my days in that house.

While I've lived here I've found happiness and people who care about my well being. Yeah, they don't love me but they care about me. That's all I need.

Sitting in Advisory is making me want to crawl under a rock and die. I'm so bored. The only good thing is that after this class, I get to leave. I'm going to go to the cafe, which has been a regular thing for days that I'm stressed.

That'll give me some time to think about everything going on right now: my feelings for Hudson, the contest, and my music. I finally got back a large tan envelope and it's resting on my desk because I'm too scared to open it up.

What if it's a rejection letter or it says that I have no talent? I've been preparing myself for this my whole life. If it doesn't work out, I have nothing.

A paper ball makes its way onto my desk, disrupting my thought puddle. How rude.

I turn back around and throw it back at Tyson. Yes, Tyson. Heś in my advisory and doesn't ever let me forget it. Heś always throwing paper airplanes at me and asking for my help in AP math.

"Alannah this is Advisory, not gym class. Please keep the throwing paper balls to a minimum or you can stay after school with me in detention." My teacher says.

I make a sound of defense, but she just raised her eyebrows. ¨Sorry," I respond quietly. I didn't do anything!

I can hear Tyson's snort from behind me, proving that he's trying to keep in his laughter. This is rubbish.

The bell rings not too long after, and I get my revenge on Tyson by pushing him into the lockers. I tried to lock him in one, but he didn't fit. Hudson has been calling me, but my phone is in my backpack and I don't have the willpower to open zippers right now.

I make it to my car that still remains intact surprisingly. Hopping into my car, I shriek to find Hudson already lounging in the passenger seat, and Tanner in the back seat.