Chapter Eighteen

"All the players voted in will do... really idiotic challenges to see who is the 'King of the Field.'"  -Peyton Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S    P O V

I don't understand what I will use chemical formulas in my everyday life. I mean come on, I sit through this class, get a lot of boring homework, and forget it later. Chemistry is definitely my least favorite class they have, especially because the cooking classes aren't too far down the hall and I can smell the cakes they're making from here.

This is luckily my last class of today because today is a Bday and I don't have advisory. So I think my plan is to go and get something to eat, then go home and sleep. My favourite things: food and sleep.

Well and Zac Efron, but I'm not going to put that on my gravestone.

The bell rings -- finally -- and I walk really fast out of the door, and to the car park. My car beeps as I unlock it, and once I'm successfully buckled in and ready to go I try to remember where the cafe was that Aaron took me a while back.

*

*

*

After a while of driving, I realized that I was getting nowhere and I didn't want to get killed, so I turned on a GPS and realized I was going the wrong direction. I turned my car around and started the other way.

I was humming along to Without Me by Halsey when I noticed someone was calling me. I check and realize it's Peyton calling me so I quickly answer.

"Hey, Peyton." I start the call, focusing back on the road.

Since the car is Bluetooth and amazing, Peyton's response sounds out through the speakers. "Ally! Where are you?" She asks. Oh shoot, I forgot to tell her.

I look at my surroundings from my peripheral vision. "To be honest Peyton, I don't really know but luckily Google direction is a thing and I'm starting to realize where I am."

"Oh, well, Hudson told me that you were going to be his escort tonight at the contest." She said excitedly. I know where Mia got her plans now.

"Yeah, I'm just getting something to fill my stomach, and then I'm going to head back to get ready," I say. "Hey, Peyton what happens at this thing?"

She responds quickly. "It's actually really fun. All the players voted in will do... really idiotic challenges to see who is the 'King of the Field.' It's three days long, and so many people come to it, it takes up both sides of the stadium."

I nod to her words as I respond. "So it's a way to embarrass the contestants?"

"Yes, that is the goal."

"Well ok then. I'll be back in a second, just have to stuff my gut real quick."

*

*

*

I arrive back at the house with a large pizza, a large milkshake, and a hotdog. The hotdog has already been ingested though. I was really excited to taste American junk food because everyone says it's better here than anywhere else. I have to agree on the hotdog I had ten minutes ago.

I walk up to my room and dump my pizza and milkshake on the desk, finding a jersey resting on my bed. I step up to the clothing and pick it up after wiping my greasy-ass fingers on my pants. One side had the normal number 15, and the back had the same large number with the name 'Diamante' across the top.

I smile gently at the jersey, it's cute. Looking at the clock I see that I have three hours until the first day of the contest starts. I know that I should take an extra shower, put on a lot of makeup, dress really cute, but my bed just looks too comfortable right now.

*

*

*

Now the time I have to get ready is reduced to fifteen min, I decided to be the responsible woman I am and automatically wake up an hour ago. No, I'm just joking. Hudson woke me up saying that I have to get ready. I responded to him asking why I have to look really cute, and he said that all the other girls are way more dressed up than I would probably be.

Normally I wouldn't care about my appearance but considering that Hudson cares so much I chose to dress to impress. I didn't take another shower being having long hair means that your hair doesn't dry fast. I also already took one this morning, and I don't need another one.

I did, however, tie my hair in a loose ponytail, which I think is really cute. Outfit-wise I dressed in the jersey, and tucked it into some loose, distressed mom jeans, and finished the outfit with some black Van tennis shoes. The only jewelries I had were a few bracelets and some rings. I put on makeup for this, so I'm ready for this.

Leaving my room, I notice that Hudson has already left his own room and is somewhere else

Leaving my room, I notice that Hudson has already left his own room and is somewhere else. I realize that he is waiting for me at the bottom of the staircase, and when he sees me he smiles. Once my foot leaves the last stair Hudson wraps me in a loose hug. I told you, touchy.

"You look beautiful," He says, moving some of my hair out of my face.

"Thanks," I respond. We eventually untangle from the other, but Hudson keeps an arm draped over my shoulders. "So are we ready to go? Where is everyone?"

Hudson leads me to the door of the garage. "Mom, Dad, and Mia are already there so they can get good seats."

He goes to get our jackets from the rack because it gets cold after dark. I realized that his jersey didn't say 'Diamante,' It said 'Parker.' Ok, that's adorable. He noticed my staring and flexed showing off his jersey and muscles. "You like what you see?" He jokes.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, I change the subject. "This is really popular isn't it?"

He looks straight into my eyes with a smirk, "You don't even know." 

As we enter the car all I could think about was the fact I was getting more and more nervous, and  how my pizza is going to be so cold once I get back. 

----------

I have updated twice in two days. I'm on a roll. This is a really short and boring chapter, but I actually really like next chapter (which I already have written). One of my teachers just had a baby, I'm so happy because she was a bitch and I now don't have to deal with her for the rest of the year.

What's going to happen at the contest?

Will Ally and Hudson do well?

Is Ally going to freak out from nerves?

Teaser: The King of the Field Competition is on

Thanks for reading! -Bri xx