Chapter Twelve

"I'm just talking in cursive." -Hudson

-----

H U D S O N ' S P O V

I ran to my car, angry. I saw Ally getting into one of our cars and exiting the parking lot.

I shake my head. Why do I even care what she thinks anyway? I drive out of the clatter of cars and make my way down the road. I'm definitely speeding, but right now I couldn't care less.

I'm just going to drive and regret my decisions later.

I've been driving for two hours or so, and I'm arriving at my vacation house next to a beach. I walk downstairs right as I get in, wasting no time. I step over to the bar that my family has. I seek out a beer and pop the top off. I take a large gulp, thinking over what today has caused.

About an hour and eight more beers later, I'm on my phone lazing on the sofa watching football. I'm trying to focus on the game, but I stop thinking about today; about her. She's right, I can't keep using her like this. I'm still upset, shaking even, but I'm not mad at her. I'm mad at myself.

Shit has happened. I've been fucked over, not many times, but enough. The one time I fully gave myself out and put myself out there, I get ripped to fucking shreds. So yeah, I don't trust people. I don't want to trust people. The only people I completely trust are my family, Tanner, and Tyson. Everyone else can go fuck themselves, and I normally wouldn't care. But with her, she's fucking my head up. I don't understand.

I know I shouldn't let her in, I shouldn't want to let her in, but I feel like if I don't do something about it she'll know my feelings like the back of her hand. Ally's not someone to give up, I can tell because if she was, she never would've continued trying to befriend me.

I'm on Instagram, stalking her Instagram. She posted a picture of her and Mia, then the rest are all from her when she lived in Australia. There's a picture of her and an older guy, with what looks to be his wife and their children; this must be her family. There are pictures of her playing the piano at cafes, and her with another guy. They look really close. The caption reads, "Saturday nights with him are the best," with a heart emoji. Ew.

I snort. "I'm way better looking than that guy," I say to myself.

I was going to continue my stalking habit, but Tanner FaceTime pops up on my screen. I answer it.

"Tanner! Hey Buddy, what's up?!"

Tanner looks at me funny, "Hudson where are you?"

I look around me. "I'm on the couch watching the game."

"Where's the couch?" He starts to walk outside of his house.

"In the house."

"Where's the house?"

"In California."

"Oh my god, Hudson, where are you?"

"Uhh... I'm not sure. Look I'll send you my directions." I slur.

"Hudson are you drunk?"

"No, I'm just talking in cursive." I ended the call before he could respond.

T A N N E R ' S  P O V

I was driving throughout the streets coming on to the private beach area. This beach has one house every fourth mile on the beach, so they have a lot of extra space for themselves. I pull into Hudson's vacation place, Aaron gave me the keys so I didn't have to wait for Hudson to open the door or get locked out.

I walk into the nice modern house, listening for sounds. I hear the TV in the basement running so I automatically head down there. Low and behold Hudson was laying on the couch with beer bottles surrounding him, and a whiskey bottle on the nightstand next to him.

He was laying down with his back on the couch, as I walked over to him I could see he was breathing -- a good sign. I try to wake him up by shaking him, but there is no point, he's knocked out. I move him so that when he throws up he won't choke. I can see from all the alcohol around us he's going to throw up more than once. I take a bucket and place it right below where his head is, I don't want to clean up vomit off the floor.

I cleaned up all the bottles and the other shit he got out. Including a Jul which when did he even get one of those? I was watching Dr. Pimple Popper because I love watching gross things when Hudson suddenly awoke from the dead and threw up in his bucket. I knew that would come in handy. I walked over to where he was and patted his back. This has happened a lot and I used to it by now.

I'm disappointed he turned to alcohol like he used to. He was one year clean too. I was angry when I found out he was drinking again and wanted to know who caused him to do it, but I focused on making sure my best friend didn't do something retarded.

He finished throwing up after ten minutes and two bowls of vomit later. Hudson was leaning back on the couch breathing heavily. He got under control and started clutching his head while groaning.

"Sorry man." He said although it didn't sound like him. He sounded different.

"What happened?" I ask out of the blue for him, but I needed to know.

He shakes his head still holding onto his head. "She hates me." He said nothing else. Five minutes later he just went back to laying on the couch and fell asleep.

-----

Short chapter, but it was technically supposed to be a part of last chapter. I just thought it should've had its own chapter, and it would've made last chapter too long. Sooo ... two updates in one week! Happy Reading! -Brielle xx